Ham Roll Ups are one of life’s perfect little appetizers! They are easy to make, work great for any occasion, are budget friendly, and are always a hit! These tasty appetizers are full of ham, pickles, and cream cheese. These are so good that you may make them just because they are so yummy!
HAM ROLL UPS
The holidays are in full swing and over the next several weeks, I’m sure all of us will be attending countless parties and gatherings. No party is complete without food, so today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorite appetizers.
They only require 3 ingredients and are simple enough to make. In fact, Lil Man made this batch himself – with minimal assistance from Grandpa! These make a great party food that everyone enjoys! Ham Roll-ups are almost always the first thing gone at any of our gatherings!
One of the great things about holidays are all of the hors d’oeuvres! I love creating tasty appetizers for our get togethers. I have a few that I think will quickly become new family favorites, like my Cheese and Sausage Platter or my Stuffed Mushrooms! If you are looking for a more hearty type of appetizer, then my Loaded Nachos are exactly what you are looking for!
Before you get started on these easy party appetizers, here are few key tips and suggestions.
CAN YOU FREEZE HAM ROLL UPS?
Unfortunately no. It’s not recommended to. Plus, the best part is, normally there are none left over.
CAN I MAKE HAM ROLL UPS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you definitely can. You make them up to a day in advance. Place them in an air-tight container and store them in the fridge until ready to cut and serve.
DO I HAVE TO USE TOOTHPICKS WHEN SERVING PARTY APPETIZERS
No, you don’t need to, but it makes it easier when people want to just grab some finger food while they are mingling.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE HAM ROLL UPS
- Ham – deli sliced ham that is rectangle shaped works the best.
- Cream cheese – this makes these so creamy.
- Pickles – this ingredient provides the crunch.
Ready to make these Ham and Cream Cheese Roll Ups?
You can get the full printable recipe and list of ingredients in the recipe card below. I have included some in-process shots for your reference.
MORE SNACK RECIPES
- 1 lb Deli Sliced Ham (rectangle shaped, not round or oval)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- Sliced Pickles
1. Place a slice of ham on a plate, blot with towel/paper towel to get some of the juice off. It helps the cream cheese to spread easier.
2. Spread cream cheese over slice of ham, place a pickle and one end on the longer side.
3. Roll the ham over the pickle and continue on until you reach the other side of the piece of ham.
4. Place toothpicks across the ham, making sure to get each one through the pickle; about every 1/2 - 3/4 inch.
5. Using a non-serrated sharp knife, cut halfway between each toothpick. Push the toothpick all the way through so half the toothpick is showing on each side. Throw them in a bowl or on a platter as you do each one.
6. Eat and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g