Get festive this holiday season with my Red White & Blue Sugar Scrub. This DIY sugar scrub will make an excellent decor piece for your bathroom during the 4th of July plus it helps exfoliate your skin using the sugar crystals. Making this sugar scrub is simple, just gather the ingredients listed below and follow my step by step instructions to make this today! Check out our entire collection of diy body scrub recipes.
When making our diy bath and beauty products, we like to use Rocky Mountain Oils, because they have such a great selection of single oils as well as essential oil blends. We also love this mica powder for any of our projects that require color, and this sweet almond oil anytime a carrier oil is called for in a recipe.
How long does homemade sugar scrub last?
This Red White & Blue Sugar Scrub is a homemade sugar scrub that will last approximately 6 months. You’ll want to keep the lid on your sugar scrub as much as possible to ensure you get the most out of this homemade patriotic sugar scrub. If the lid is taken off too many times or kept off, the carrier oil will go rancid thus ruining your sugar scrub. You’ll know if the carrier oil has gone rancid, as the scent of your Red White & Blue Sugar Scrub will change.
What is the best sugar to use for sugar scrubs?
Regular granulated sugar is the best sugar to use for sugar scrubs. This is a less abrasive sugar so that you don’t strip your skin of the natural oils while using your sugar scrub for facial, lip, and other sensitive skin areas. Some people have opted to use brown sugar for body scrubs as it’s a little more abrasive and can be used on tougher areas of skin without harm. In all honesty, the granulated sugar used in this homemade sugar scrub will be perfectly fine for use as a full-body, facial, and lip exfoliating scrub.
How do I make my own exfoliating scrub?
I’ve shared many exfoliating scrub recipes on my site so that you can find the best scent and color for your preferences. Today I’m featuring my patriotic sugar scrub recipe. All you need is the list of ingredients gathered below, and my instructions to make your own exfoliating scrub. You’ll find that my homemade scrub helps smooth your skin so that you can have radiant and soft skin all year round.
Try these other DIY bath and body recipes.
- Calming Lavender Shower Melts
- Bath Bombs with Sprinkles
- DIY Lavender Oatmeal Bath Bombs
- DIY Fizzy Bath Salts
- Simple DIY – French Vanilla Coffee Sugar Scrub
- Strawberry Heart Sugar Scrub Bars
Red White & Blue Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup Grapeseed Oil
- 4 drops Cherry Soap Colorant
- 3 drops Forget Me Not Soap Colorant
- 8 oz (or two 4 oz) glass jar or container
- 3 bowls
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and grapeseed oil. Stir well.
- Divide the mixture into 3 bowls.
- Add 3 drops Forget Me Not Soap Colorant to one bowl filled with sugar scrub and mix until color is fully blended.
- Add 4 drops Cherry Soap Colorant to one bowl filled with sugar scrub and mix until color is fully blended.
- Layer the sugar scrub into your jar, filling it ⅓ of the way with the blue scrub, ⅓ of the way with the white scrub and the remaining ⅓ with the red scrub.