Sugar scrubs are a wonderful way to exfoliate your skin, but they can get rather messy! That’s why I’ve started making my own sugar scrub bars. They offer the same great exfoliating benefits that I appreciate, with a lot less mess. These strawberry heart sugar scrub bars are one of my favorites, and they are perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday! Check out our entire collection of diy body scrub recipes.
When making our diy bath and beauty products, we like to use Rocky Mountain Oils, because they have such a great selection of single oils as well as essential oil blends. We also love this mica powder for any of our projects that require color, and this sweet almond oil anytime a carrier oil is called for in a recipe.
Can you use regular sugar for body scrub?
Yes, I always use regular sugar in my sugar scrub and sugar scrub bar recipes. You can use granulated sugar, brown sugar or cane sugar.
How often should you use a sugar scrub?
You should not use a sugar scrub every day. Instead, limit yourself to 2-3 exfoliating treatments per week, and always rub in a circular motion, as it is less abrasive. Of course, that also helps to free any ingrown hair as well.
Do you melt coconut oil for sugar scrub?
Yes, if I am using coconut oil in my sugar scrub recipes, I always melt it first. This can easily be done in the microwave, using a heat safe dish.
Do you refrigerate sugar scrub?
No, you do not have to refrigerate sugar scrub. You should, however store it in an airtight container. These strawberry heart sugar scrub bars should be stored that way as well.
Strawberry heart sugar scrub bars
You can make these strawberry heart sugar scrub bars with just a few simple ingredients. It takes just a few minutes to mix and pour the ingredients. Then you will wait for your sugar scrub bars to set, and you’ll be able to use them!
Ingredients/Supplies (Makes 2 bars if using the same mold):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/16 pound (1 cube) mango & shea glycerin melt & pour soap base
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- Simple Serenity Sugar Soap Scrub Mold By ArtMinds (available at Michael’s craft store)
- 7 drops Strawberry scented fragrance oil
- 1 drop Cherry colored soap colorant
- Glass measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
- Melt your soap base in the microwave on high for about 15 seconds.
- Mix in the olive oil, sugar, fragrance oil and soap colorant. Stir well. If it is starting to thicken, put it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into your mold and let set for about 2 hours.
- Pop bars out of mold and store in an airtight container.
Making your own sugar scrub bars is very easy, and these make wonderful gifts for all occasions too!
Making DIY bath products is one of my specialties. I’ve shared many great tutorials that you might enjoy, so check out our DIY bath and beauty category. Here are some that you should try this winter.