Add a twist to your plain coffee by making this Irish Cream Dalgona Coffee! This iced coffee beverage is so simple to make and only needs a few ingredients. A sweet and cool beverage that will surely refresh and energize you.
WHAT IS DALGONA COFFEE?
Dalgona coffee is inspired by a Korean sponge candy called “Dalgona” which means â€œhoneycomb toffeeâ€. Because of the similarities of the taste and appearance, they called this whipped coffee – “Dalgona coffee”. This fluffy coffee drink is made up of instant coffee with equal ratio of hot water and sugar whipped until it forms a foam. It was popularized in social media around 2019-2020 when the pandemic hit and people started posting videos making whipped coffee by hand and without using an electrical mixer.
CAN YOU MAKE DALGONA COFFEE WITH REGULAR COFFEE?
Yes, however, it will take more time to form a foam and the consistency will be more runny than fluffy by using instant coffee. I recommend just using instant coffee to achieve that signature “whip”.
WHAT IS THE BEST MILK TO USE?
HOW DO YOU DRINK DALGONA COFFEE?
The best way to drink and get all the flavors of this coffee drink is by mixing it first before drinking it. I would not recommend drinking the foam by itself as it will be too strong.
Ingredients needed to make dalgona coffee
More delicious beverages to try
- 2 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Hot Water
- International Delight Irish Cream
- Milk of Choice (We Used 1%)
- Ice Cubes
- Dark Chocolate
- Whisk together instant coffee, sugar, and hot water until peaks are formed. (You can use a hand whisk, a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Your choice)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and top with desired amount of Irish Cream. If you just want a touch of taste go for a teaspoon, but if you like bold flavors you might want to go with an ounce.
- Top the rest of your cup with your milk of choice.
- Put one to three spoonfuls of the whipped coffee mixture on top.
- Shave a piece of chocolate using a lemon zester, garlic grater or cheese grater and sprinkle on top of whipped coffee.