This Star Soap for 4th of July will work as an added patriotic décor piece in your guest room or bathroom. Using a few ingredients and essential oils you’ll be on your way to making homemade soap in no time!
What can I add to soap for texture?
There are many things you can add to soap for texture. Some people enjoy making oatmeal soap while others use granulated sugar to make an exfoliating scrub bar. Oatmeal is an excellent option to add to soap if you need the texture for exfoliating your face and other sensitive skin areas.
How do you make small soap?
This patriotic star soap is a small soap that can be used for decoration or gift-giving. Using the ingredients and mold featured below in my step by step instructions, you’ll be shown how to make small soap. Place your star soap in a small baggie that’s airtight to store for up to 3 months.
Making small soap is one of the best ways to add something special to a gift basket, feature in your bathroom as a holiday décor item, or place in a guest room. Having homemade small soap on hand is the perfect way to add some color into a special room whenever you’re having guests over for the night.
Is it cheaper to make Star Soap for 4th of July or buy it?
You may have a small investment when you opt to make soap at home. Considering all costs involved, you’ll find that homemade soap generally costs as much as you’d spend on a lower-cost option at a local store. While making homemade soap is comparable to lower-priced store-bought soap, generally speaking, your homemade soap can be more natural.
You’ll feel more confident knowing what’s in your homemade soap when you opt to follow my tutorial to make your own star soap. There’s no cost comparison for knowing what ingredients you’re placing on your body during shower time.
I enjoy making my own essential oils soap because it’s a fabulous alternative to other soap bars plus this patriotic star soap makes for an excellent thank you gift for guests who attend your 4th of July celebration or a future holiday gift for anyone who loves star shaped soap.
How to make 3D star soap for 4th of July
- 6 1”x1” cubes Clear Glycerin Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 6 - 1”x1” cubes Goat’s Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Loaf Soap Mold with wavy soap cutter
- Star candy/soap mold (Michael’s craft store)
- 1-2 drops Blueberry soap colorant
- 2-3 drops Cherry soap colorant
- Microwave safe measuring cup
- 20 drops Ocean Breeze Fragrance Oil
- Microwave safe measuring cup(s) with spout
- 4 Wooden craft sticks (for stirring)
- (Optional) Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol to reduce soap bubbles
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, heat 2 cubes of goats milk soap on high for 30 seconds in the microwave. Remove and stir well. If soap is not completely melted, heat for additional 10 second intervals, stirring after each heating session, until fully melted.
- Pour the soap into the star mold. Allow to set for about 15-20 minutes until soap is completely hardened. Once soap is set, remove from mold.
Repeat step one.
- Add blueberry soap colorant and stir well. Pour the soap into the star mold. Allow to set for about 15-20 minutes until soap is completely hardened. Once soap is set, remove from mold.
- Using a different measuring cup, or after washing the one you used, repeat step one again.
- Add cherry soap colorant and stir well. Pour the soap into the star mold. Allow to set for about 15-20 minutes until soap is completely hardened. Once soap is set, remove from mold.
- Once all 3 colors of soap are set, arrange them into the loaf soap mold. You will only be able to fit about half of the star shapes soap bars.
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, heat clear glycerin soap on high for 30 seconds in the microwave. Remove and stir well. If soap is not completely melted, heat for additional 10 second intervals, stirring after each heating session, until fully melted.
- Add fragrance oil and stir well.
- Pour into soap mold, over the star soap.
- Allow soap to set, then cut into 2.5 inch bars with the wavy soap cutter.
Try these other homemade bath and body recipes:
- Red, White and Blue Sugar Scrub
- Pear Scented Sugar Scrub Bars
- Coffee Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Calming Lavender Shower Melts
- Bath Bombs with Sprinkles
- DIY Lavender Oatmeal Bath Bombs