With the 4th of July coming soon, itâ€™s time to plan your dÃ©cor and parties. Whether youâ€™re hosting a backyard BBQ for your immediate family or hosting family and friends this Mason Jar DIY centerpiece will be a fabulous decoration idea.
How do you paint Mason jars?
The best way to paint Mason jars is by using craft paint. For this Mason jar DIY centerpiece, youâ€™ll use red and blue craft paint. Using a paintbrush youâ€™ll paint one Mason jar red and the other blue. You may need to use 2-3 coats of paint, allowing each layer of paint to dry before painting another coat. To finalize the paint so that your centerpiece stays shiny, youâ€™ll spray a clear glaze coat on each of the two painted Mason jars.
What Cricut mat do you use for vinyl with this DIY Mason jar centerpiece?
For this Mason jar DIY centerpiece, youâ€™ll need Cricut premium vinyl in the color white. While you can use the standard Cricut grip mat, many people prefer to use the Cricut LightGrip mat when working with lighter material such as paper, vellum, cardstock, and vinyl.
What Cricut blade do you use for vinyl?
Youâ€™ll see that I recommend using a Cricut machine with the fine point blade installed. This is the best Cricut blade to use when working with vinyl. The fine point blade is generally the standard blade that arrives with your Cricut machine, but if you plan to make more Cricut vinyl crafts then you may want to keep a second Cricut fine point blade on hand so that you wonâ€™t be delayed with your Cricut craft projects.
This DIY Mason jar centerpiece featuring the words â€œStars & Stripesâ€ is simple to make using your Cricut machine with a fine point blade. Just download the SVG file and import it into Cricut Design Space. From there youâ€™ll follow my instructions below to make this festive DIY Mason jar tabletop centerpiece so that you can have a gorgeous patriotic centerpiece for your 4th of July festivities.
Mason Jar DIY centerpiece
- Stars & Stripes svg file
- Cricut machine with fine point blade
- Cricut Standard Grip Mat
- Cricut Premium Vinyl (white)
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Cricut Weeder Tool
- Cricut Spatula, or thick card
- Scissors, or paper cutter
- 2 – pint size mason jars – with at least one side smooth
- Red and blue craft paint
- Paint brush
- Krylon Clear Glaze
1. Lay out newspaper and paint your jars, one blue and the other red. You will need to
do 2-3 coats, allowing the paint to completely dry between each coat.
2. Once jars are fully painted, spray with clear glaze, allow to fully dry.
3. Open Design Space and select â€œNew Projectâ€, then â€œUpload Imageâ€, â€œBrowse Fileâ€
and find your Stars & Stripes svg file.
4. Click â€œSave Fileâ€, then click on the file and â€œInsert Imageâ€.
5. Resize to a width of 2.75â€ and height of 2.788â€
6. Click â€œAttachâ€ to attach the file together for cutting.
7. Click â€œDuplicateâ€ and arrange the second file next to the first.
8. Cut your vinyl and transfer tape to size and place vinyl onto the Cricut mat.
9. Turn the Cricut machine on, click â€œMake Itâ€ in Design Space, and follow prompts to
load the mat and start cutting.
10. Remove mat from machine, and remove vinyl from mat.
11. Cut the vinyl to separate the two designs.
12. Remove excess vinyl, using the weeding tool to remove the smaller pieces.
13. Place transfer tape over design and use the spatula to adhere the design to the
14. Place design over your mason jar, and use the spatula to adhere the design to the jar.
Remove transfer tape.
15. Spray another coat of clear glaze.
16. Fill jars with fresh or fake flowers. You can also add a flag or other embellishments of