Have you been searching far and wide for hand sanitizer? I know a lot of people have been. My husband’s aunt called me last night because she can not find any at stores around her, and she was hoping that I could order some from Avon for her. They don’t have any either, so instead, I told her how to make hand sanitizer herself. It’s really quite simple, so I thought that I would share it with all of you too.
With all of the panic surrounding Coronavirus, or COVID-19, people are stocking up on things like hand sanitizer, face masks, water and toilet paper. I scroll through social media and see people complaining about their store shelves being empty. So I’m hoping that by me sharing this simple antibacterial hand gel recipe, that it will help you out. You can make a large batch and store it in a mason jar, then just refill the little squeeze bottles as needed.
Can you make your own hand sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer is really easy to make yourself with two ingredients. You can even add essential oils to it if you’d prefer that it be scented. The recipe that I am sharing below if for a simple and basic antibacterial hand gel that you can quickly make at home.
Is soap better than hand sanitizer?
Absolutely! You should still wash your hands regularly, and use antibacterial hand gel as a back up when you are out and about. Keeping your hands clean is the best way to prevent the spread of germs.
Learn how to make hand sanitizer
Make your own antibacterial hand gel by following the simple directions below.
- In a large bowl, combine rubbing alcohol and Aloe Vera gel.
- Stir very well. Edited to add – you may want to shake it in a bottle or jar, to help it combine better.
- Pour into mini squeeze bottles.
- Try to find the highest percentage of rubbing alcohol. Mine was 91%.
- I grabbed a pack of 3 mini squeeze bottles from the dollar store.
- Make a large batch of hand sanitizer and store in a mason jar. Refill your smaller bottles as needed.
It’s important to keep your home clean to help reduce the spread of germs too. We have a few recipes for homemade cleaners that you might like to try as well.