This Disney’s Frozen inspired sugar scrub diy is a wonderful homemade sugar scrub recipe to make at home. With just a few ingredients, this sugar scrub recipe costs next to nothing to make, yet is a wonderful way to exfoliate your skin for brighter, healthier skin.
How do you make homemade sugar scrub?
You will be surprised at how easy (and cheap) it is to make your own homemade sugar scrub! You literally just need some sugar and a carrier oil. Of course, you have the option to add things in like essential oils, colorant, and sprinkles.
Can you use regular sugar for a sugar scrub?
Yes, you certainly can use regular sugar, which is exactly what this sugar scrub diy calls for!
Is homemade sugar scrub good for your face?
You should not use this sugar scrub recipe on your face. The skin on your face is ultra soft, and the harshness of the sugar granules will likely create small tears, thus damaging your skin. Instead, try this DIY sandalwood facial scrub recipe. You can switch the sandalwood essential oil out for lavender, orange, or any other fragrance that you prefer.
Are sugar or salt scrubs better?
Sugar scrubs are less abrasive on your skin than salt scrubs are. For this reason, you would definitely want to use a sugar scrub on more sensitive areas. Personally, I prefer this diy candy cane salt scrub to exfoliate my feet during an at home pedicure.
What do I need to make this sugar scrub diy?
You will need the following supplies/ingredients to make this homemade sugar scrub recipe.
You should try these other DIY bath and beauty recipes too.
- French Vanilla Coffee Sugar Scrub
- Homemade Strawberry Scented Mini Heart Soaps
- Candy Cane Soap DIY
- DIY Unicorn Bath Bombs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 teaspoon snowflake sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon blue, white & silver nonpareils
- If your coconut oil is not already liquid, place into a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high for about 30-45 seconds until completely liquified.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and coconut oil. Stir well.
- Add the nonpareils and stir again.
- Spoon mixture into an airtight container such as a small mason jar.
- Sprinkle the snowflake sprinkles over the top.