This delicious Creamy Pumpkin Mousse recipe is gluten free and refined sugar free! Make this amazing dessert for your next dinner party, or for a sweet treat for the family.
What are the benefits of eating pumpkin?
Eating pumpkin has many benefits. Pumpkins are highly nutritious and rich in vitamin A, B and C. Pumpkin is a low calorie food, and is also a good source of fiber.
What do you serve mousse in?
Mousse can be served in any type of dish that you would like to serve it in. Some people serve mousse in small bowls. I like to serve my mousse in pretty bowls. For special dinner parties, pretty glasses are my go-to. Martini glasses are a classic for serving mousse in.
What do I need to make this creamy pumpkin mousse recipe?
You will need the following ingredients to make this amazing creamy pumpkin mousse recipe. I’ve also included some suggested kitchen products below.
- heavy whipping cream
- real maple syrup, divided
- pumpkin purée
- cream cheese
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- half & half
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 T. real maple syrup, divided
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. half & half
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Ginger Snap cookies, for serving
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half & half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!