My sweet orange essential oil bath bombs provide you with the delightful scent of citrus which has been known to improve happiness and mood for people since ancient times. Today Iâ€™m featuring one of my favorite essential oil bath bombs recipes so that you can enjoy the sweet citrus scent during your evening bath.
There are many benefits of using essential oil bath bombs. Essential oils have been proven to help with a variety of mental and physical ailments. These sweet orange bath bombs will help improve your mood as you relax in a warm bath after a long day.
Can you put essential oils in bath bombs?
If youâ€™re a newbie to making essential oil bath bombs, then youâ€™re probably curious about what essential oils can be used in bath bombs. You can use any essential oil blend you desire. For todayâ€™s DIY bath bomb tutorial, Iâ€™m using sweet orange essential oil.
What is sweet orange essential oil good for?
Sweet orange essential oil can be applied topically but today Iâ€™m focusing on the benefits of sweet orange essential oil bath bombs. Using sweet orange essential oil in your bath will help release the citrus aroma in the air. As you soak in your warm bath, the aroma of the essential oil bath bombs is released and helps provide you with improved mood, reduced stress, and mental clarity.
Making your own essential oil bath bombs will allow you to have something fun to do while youâ€™re stuck at home. These bath bombs may be used for your own health needs during a stressful or anxious day. If youâ€™re wondering what to do with these essential oil bath bombs, you can give them as a gift or store them in your bathroom to use at the end of a stressful day. Itâ€™s always nice to have a more natural way to relax when life simply feels too overwhelming.
You may also enjoy these diy bath tutorials:
- diy hazelnut coffee bath bombs
- diy lavender oatmeal bath bombs
- cucumber melon soap
- French vanilla coffee sugar scrub
- Calming Lavender Shower Melts
- Bath Bombs with Sprinkles
Sweet Orange Essential Oil Bath Bombs
You will need the following supplies to make these bath bombs at home. Scroll to the bottom of this post for measurements and a printable version of this bath DIY.
- Epsom salt
- baking soda
- corn starch
- citric acid
- olive oil
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Tangerine soap colorant
- Large bowl
- 5-6 small size (1.8 inch) round bath bomb molds
- Small jar with lid
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients – Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid. Mix very well with a whisk, for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small jar with lid, add the wet ingredients – olive oil, water, essential oil and soap colorant. Place the lid on the jar and shake very well, until all of the wet ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture very slowly. It is important to add just a few drops at a time, while continuously whisking the mixture. The mixture may start to fizz if you do not so this step slowly enough, while mixing it in right away. This will cause the bath bombs to expand in the mold and not form right.
- After all liquid has been poured and stirred in, mix very well until the color is consistent and you do not have large clumps.
- Fill each of the molds with the bath bomb mixture, firmly stuffing each side full.
- Secure both parts of the mold together, give a quick twist to get any excess mixture out, and let set for about 24 hours. This gives the bath bomb plenty of time to form.
- To release, twist one half of bath bomb mold. If itâ€™s not releasing well, grab a spoon and lightly tap the half of bath bomb mold. This should do the trick. Repeat with the other half to fully release bath bomb.