Pamper yourself this Valentine's Day with this super easy bubbling bath salts recipe. After you see how simple fizzy bath salts are to make at home, you will never buy them from a store again. An added bonus is that bath salts make a great gift for your friends and family too. Simply put them in a decorative jar and tie a ribbon around the top to present them as a gift!
I have quite a few other DIY Valentine's gift ideas that you might like as well, so check them out.
Is Epsom salt and sea salt the same?
No, Epsom salt and sea salt are not the same thing at all. A chemical combination of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen is used to make Epsom salt, where sea salt is pretty much evaporated sea water.
Can you use bubble bath and bath salts together?
Yes, you may use bubble bath and bath salts together. However, I recommend using just a small amount of each if you plan to use both in your bath.
Easy Bubbling bath salts recipe
- 1 ounce Epsom Salts
- 2 ounces Baking Soda
- 1 ounce Cornstarch
- 1 ounce Citric Acid
- 1-2 drops Cherry Soap Colorant
- 15 drops Strawberry Fragrance Oil
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon heart sprinkles
- Pour the dry ingredients (Epsom Salts, Baking Soda, Cornstarch and Citric Acid) into a medium size bowl, one ingredient at a time. Stir very well until completely combined.
- In a small jar with a lid, add soap colorant, fragrance oil and olive oil. Place lid on and shake well until everything is combined.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, whisking the entire time. Continue whisking until you have an even texture.
- Add sprinkles and stir.
- Place into jar and use 3 or more tablespoons in your bath.