Sugar scrubs are a great way to exfoliate your skin, and rid it of old, dry skin. The downside, is that sugar scrubs can be rather messy, and generally need to be used in the shower only. That’s why I love these Pumpkin Sugar Scrub Bars so much. You get the same great exfoliating experience, without the mess!
Can I exfoliate with sugar?
Yes, sugar is an excellent topical exfoliant! In fact, sugar is an ingredient in many body scrubs.
Which is better salt or sugar scrub?
Sugar scrubs are less evasive than salt scrubs, due to the sugar granule being round, which won’t cut your skin.
Do you use soap after body scrub?
Since these sugar scrub bars use a soap base to make them, you do not need to use additional soap after using these sugar scrub bars.
How many times a week should you use a sugar scrub?
It is recommended to use sugar scrubs 2-3 times per week, no more than that. Apply it in a circular motion, rather than a back and forth motion, which is more abrasive.
Pumpkin sugar scrub bars
These sugar scrub bars are super easy to make; so easy that you will want to make all different colors and scents! These particular sugar scrub bars do not contain any fragrance, but you can always add your favorite essential oil, or soap fragrance to them.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/16 pound (1 cube) clear glycerin melt & pour soap base
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- Spooky Halloween Rubber Ice Cube Tray
- 5 drops Tangerine soap colorant
- Glass measuring cup
- Melt your soap base in the microwave on high for about 15 seconds.
- Mix in the olive oil, sugar and soap colorant. Stir well. If it is starting to thicken, put it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, then stir again.
- Pour into your mold and let set for about 1 hour.
- Pop bars out of mold and store in an airtight container.