I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
It can be really hard to navigate all the reading material out there to find the best stuff for you kids. The Quarto STEAM Club is a bi-monthly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date with the latest and greatest in STEAM books for kids taking all the guesswork out of STEAM book selection!
By joining their newsletter you get to be a part of an amazing online community which includes:
- Quarto STEAM Club book and toy recommendations chosen by a panel of STEAM experts
- A discount coupon for 40% off the Quarto STEAM Club book picks on Quartoknows.com
- Free STEAM activity downloads
- Printable Quarto STEAM Club kid-member certificate
- STEAM activity videos
- Access to a dedicated private Facebook group for members to share tips and tricks
Here are the Quarto STEAM Club August Picks:
With this book, you’ll learn about:
- How to set good gaming ground rules, collaborate, and resolve conflicts.
- Online resources, servers, and organizations that promote and guide positive play.
- Minecraft projects that promote and guide positive play and positive digital citizensh
Kitchen Science Lab for Kids: EDIBLE EDITION gives you 52 delicious ways to explore food science in your own kitchen by making everything from healthy homemade snacks to scrumptious main dishes and mind-boggling desserts. Have fun learning about:
- Bacteria and the chemical process of fermentation by making your own pickled vegetables.
- Emulsion as you create your own vinaigrette.
- How trapped water vapor causes a popover to inflate as you make your own.
- Crystals by making your own ice cream.
Kids are lead through the workings of a rocket, looking closely at all the different parts and discovering information about real space missions and the spacecraft involved, including the Mars Rover and Apollo missions. Covering key STEM themes of engineering, physics, and inventions, and with a fun quiz to test young readers' knowledge, this book will get kids engaged and hands-on with learning.
Learn everything you ever wanted to know about rocks and minerals in this stunning book. Discover space rocks, gemstones, metals, volcanoes, world wonders and more. With out-of-this-world artwork from Anna Alanko and expert content written by two geologists, this is the book all rock-crazy kids need.
This book of outdoor activities, crafts, nature information and inspiration ties into the burgeoning interest in forest schools and ‘rewilding the child’, with the aim of reconnecting children to nature and the outdoors.
- The mirrors, lenses, and rear-view glasses allow for Explorations into optics through spy-centric (but steam-based) activities
- Super-secret spy school presents a fun scenario set in fictional world where the child gets to “enter” the Academy and learn how to become a spy.
- Large number of immersive activities create a terrific value for the price.
I love how my girls are eager to learn and instantly dig into books I bring home....especially those dealing with science! This week my 10 year old has been going around the house pretending to be a spy, my 7 year old has a new love for rocks and my toddler has been enjoying the book on rockets. Reading is such a big part of our lives and I love introducing them to books that teach them something new. These have all been enjoyed by us over and over again but the key is finding the a book that sparks an interest in your child!