It's back to school season, and while the kids are likely bummed, many of us parents are completely stressed out! Gone are the wonderful days of summer, and the reality of back to school has hit. Many of you are trying to get back on track with insanely busy schedules and playing chauffeur practically every day of the week. It can be a lot to deal with. I totally get it, and I completely relate. That's why I'm sharing 10 ways to cope with stress, to hopefully help you feel a little less anxious during this crazy hectic time of the year. This is a partnered post, though all opinions are my own.
What happens if you worry a lot?
Excessive worrying is not good for you and can actually affect your body. Worrying too much can lead to high anxiety, and can also cause you to be physically ill. Instead, try to relax your mind and reduce your worry.
How can I relax my mind?
Having a lot on your mind can really bring on the stress. Try to relax your mind by taking slow, deep breaths. Listening to soothing music or mindful meditation are also ways that you can relax your mind.
If you are really stressed out and relaxing your mind isn't enough, or simply doesn't work, try these 10 ways to cope with stress.
10 ways to cope with stress
- Hang out with your friends - Sometimes friends can be the best medicine, and having fun, or a heart to heart can help relieve your stress. I have a friend that I go to when times get tough and I tell her all the time that she is my best therapy.
- Take some deep breaths - Sometimes that is all that it takes. Take a few deep breaths, and let it all out.
- Listen to music - Your favorite songs can help reduce your stress. Whether you just listen, or you get up and dance around, music can help to soothe your soul.
- Get some exercise - Exercise can actually relieve stress, and people who exercise regularly generally experience less anxiety.
- Try yoga - Just like exercise, yoga is a stress reliever. Do it on your own, or take a class in an effort to socialize and perhaps meet some new friends.
- Use soothing scents - Scents like lavender, sandalwood and ylang ylang can help to calm us. Burn a candle or diffuse essential oils into a room while you relax.
- Reduce caffeine - Caffeine can actually induce anxiety, so try to reduce your caffeine intake when you are feeling stressed out.
- Laugh - Laughter is good for your soul! Put on a funny movie or television show and laugh your heart out!
- Say no - Sometimes, stress is brought on by other people. Learn to say no to people or situations that stress you out.
- Try CBD extract - Receptra™ Elite can help to calm your nerves and reduce your stress.
Receptra Naturals Elite is a 0.3% THC pure hemp CBD extract, which is not enough to cause any sort of high. It can help to keep you energized and focused, while reducing feelings of anxiousness. It is simple to use, by taking a dropper by mouth 1-3 times daily.
Receptra Naturals is one of the leading hemp CBD extracts company right in Colorado. They offer a full line of CBD products like the extract, as well as topical pain relievers, lip balm, extracts for pets and more. Rather than hiding behind the lack of regulations, Receptra Naturals is transparent, and even publishes their third-party testing results so that you know exactly what you're getting with their product.