It’s barbecue season and whether you’re hosting or attending, you will likely be spending a lot of time outside. As long as the weather cooperates, you assume that you’re pretty much good to go. However, one thing that many people don’t consider before planning a gathering is how to keep bugs away outside. Luckily for you,??I?ve partnered with Wil-Kil Pest Control to share some tips today. As always, opinions are my own.
Nothing can ruin a party faster than a swarm of hungry mosquitoes that won’t stop biting, flies who just won’t leave anyone’s food alone or the bees that won’t stay away from the drinks. Don’t wait until it’s too late and the fun is already ruined. Be proactive in preventing pests during outdoor entertainment by following these tips below.
How to keep bugs away outside during your party
- A few days before the party starts, eliminate the places that pests rest and remove any standing water. Repair any holes in screens and windows. Remove tires empty pots, kids toys or anything else that collects water. Make sure that any firewood is stored at least 25 feet away from the house.
- Keep your home and yard maintained. This will help to keep pests away as they won;t have a comfortable place to stay.
- Lighting makes a difference. Pests love fluorescent and halogen lights, so replace them with low pressure and sodium vapor bulbs.
- Keep food away. Bugs love food, so keep it covered xor sealed and make sure to place any garbage cans far away from where the guests are gathering. Keep soda cans covered so that no bees fly in and keep the sweets inside.
- Be prepared. Chances are, you won;t be able to eliminate all of the bugs, so have plenty of insect repellent on hand for your guests.
- Cover up. If the party is going into the evening hours, suggest everyone bring long, loose fitting clothing to change into.
Sometimes, the problem is just bigger than you can control though and if that is the case, you’ve got to bring in a pro like?Wil-Kil Pest Control. They’ll take a look around, asses the situation and come up with a plan of action to get rid of the pests in no time.?They are available to service the Milwaukee, Appleton, Eau Claire, and Madison areas; and will help you as soon as they can, often the same or next day.