A clean home is a happy home and many of us clean rigorously to ensure that our homes are spotless from top to bottom. All of the dust and clutter is gone, no food or drinks are left out. You think that you've got it all under control, until you spot an ant on the kitchen counter. Then panic mode starts to set in when you see another, then another and you wonder where these pesky critters could possibly be coming from. But rest assured,?I've partnered with Wil-Kil Pest Control to share tips on protecting your home from ant season. As always, opinions are my own.
There certainly are a number of ways that you can get rid of ants. You can squish them, you can concoct a homemade solution or you can even use those ant bait stations to draw them in.? Ants can be a big problem because once you get them, it can literally be impossible to get rid of them. I can relate, because we too, had a problem with those big black carpenter ants. I swear, we did anything and everything that we could think of before we finally realized that the problem was out of our control.
It's certainly not a sign of weakness when you have to throw in the towel because the job at hand is much larger than you can conquer on your own. But the good news is that you're not alone, because the professionals at Wil-Kil Pest Control can help get rid of your ant problem once and for all and they even offer a home protection plan so that your home will be free of ants and other pests year round.
Wil-Kil Pest Control?knows that ants can be a huge nuisance, so their goal is to help you as soon as the possibly can, which in many instances means the same or next day. Now that is service that you can count on when you need it most! Be proactive in protecting your home from ant season by following the steps below and if you need help, call the pros! They are available to service the Milwaukee, Appleton, Eau Claire, and Madison areas.
How to be proactive in protecting your home from ant season
- Store your food properly in air tight containers and never leave anything out on the counter. That's like asking ants to come in for a bite to eat.
- Clean all spills and crumbs as the happen.
- Manage your waste properly by taking the garbage out daily and cleaning out the inside of the garbage can on a regular basis.
- Rinse recyclables before putting into the recycling container.
- Vacuum your house daily.
- If you have children, make a "no food in the bedroom" rule, since kids tend to make a mess with crumbs and may not pick up after themselves.
Stay tuned because next week, I'm sharing Summer Pest Prevention Tips 101!