This Easy Prep Ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid?.
It's the season for summer salads and I really couldn't be more excited. Give me some grilled food and an assortment of salads, fruit and other goodies to go along with it, and I couldn't even think of a meal that pleases me more. During the cold months, I crave backyard barbecues and this?Easy Prep Ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is one of my favorites to make.
What's especially awesome about this?Easy Prep Ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is that it doesn't require much cooking and everything can be prepped ahead, saving you a ton of time come dinner time or party day. That's where these Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE containers?that have quickly become my kitchen staple come in handy.
These Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE containers are unlike any of the other dozens of containers that clutter my cupboards. They have this airtight leak-proof seal and actual latches to ensure that the containers are 100% leak-proof. They're crystal clear and virtually stain resistant and are even crafted with BPA free material that is heat resistant. They're available in 5 different sizes and multi-piece sets and what I absolutely love is that they stack easily. Their rectangular design allows them to fit nicely inside my refrigerator or cupboard.
I'm one of those people who like to prep things ahead of time if I can, especially when gearing up for a barbecue so I love that I can chop and easily store all of the ingredients in the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE containers. I can even make the dressing ahead of time because the container won't leak if someone knocks it over - brilliant!
The?Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE containers are really what helps make this an easy prep ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad and you could even take everything with you to make this Easy Prep Ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad fresh at a party you're attending.
Easy Prep Ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
It's true what they say, everything really is better with bacon and this?Easy Prep Ahead Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is loaded with a half pound of bacon-y goodness! Now I'm sharing a recipe that is perfect for parties but you can cut this in half or even a quarter if you're only serving your family or a smaller group.
- 4 cups broccoli (about 1 lb)
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 lb bacon
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup of raisins or dried cranberries (I prefer cranberries)
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's with this specific recipe)
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Chop the bacon into ½ inch pieces and cook, then drain the grease and set aside.
- In the meantime, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the stems off and chop broccoli and cauliflower into small bit size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir very well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the bacon. Toss well.
Giveaway Winner: tammy s.