Lice is that 4 letter word that you probably never want to hear but as kids are heading back to school after the holidays, it’s actually a common occurrence so today I’m partnering with RID? and their maker, Bayer to share some head lice facts that you might have never known.
First let me tell you a little bit about head lice and what it actually is. Head lice live on the human scalp and sustain themselves by sucking blood. They’re tiny, wingless insects that cannot fly or jump from scalp to scalp, but crawl instead.
5 Head Lice Facts you Might Not Know About
Throughout the years, I have heard many things about head lice, though I’ve never had them myself, nor have my kids. So everything that I knew up until this point of doing some research was either hearsay or told to me by other people. I was quite surprised with some of the things that I learned so I want to debunk the myths and share some head lice facts that you might not know about either.
- Head lice has nothing to do with hygiene. Encourage?your kids not to share personal items like hairbrushes and hats with other children, which is how lice is generally spread.
- Visiting a Doctor is not necessary for treatment of head lice. There are products that provide safe and effective lice treatment at home, which I’ve shared more about below.
- Lice can be treated in 7 to 10 days by carefully following the RID treatment instructions (included on the product packaging) For children under 2 yrs of age, consult your pediatrician prior to use.
- Animals do not carry head lice that can be spread to humans.
- Itching is the most common symptom of lice infestation, though not everyone will experience this symptom which is why it’s important to check for head lice periodically.
Treating lice is actually rather easy when you use?RID, the?leader in head lice treatment. There are multiple products available, including the RID Lice Elimination Essentials Kit and RID Lice Treatment Complete Kit, both of which contain RID Lice Killing Shampoo and RID Lice & Egg Comb-Out Spray to be used after the shampoo. You can find simple step-by-step instructions and How-To videos by visiting the RID? website
The RID Lice Treatment Complete KIT and RID Lice Elimination Essentials Kit can be found in the shampoo or first aide aisle of many stores and should only be used if lice is in fact found on your child’s head.
With proper treatment, head lice can easily be eliminated and doesn’t have to be overwhelming if it does occur. Just be on the lookout for symptoms like itching and do head checks immediately if you hear of an infestation at school or anywhere else your child might spend time.