I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Disney's timeless tale?Pinocchio,?considered one of the greatest animated films ever made with two Academy Awards,?joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection. Now it will delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters and award-winning music. The movie which inspired the world to wish upon a star, arrives for the first time on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Jan. 10, and on Blu-ray and DVD on Jan. 31 with hours of new and classic bonus features.
??Pinocchio? tells the tale of wood-carver Geppetto's beloved puppet who embarks on a thrilling quest ? with faithful friend Jiminy Cricket ? that tests his bravery, loyalty and honesty, all virtues he must learn to fulfill his heart's desire: to become a real boy.
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Walt's Story Meetings: Pleasure Island ? The Pleasure Island scene in ?Pinocchio? had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar's Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney's animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
- In Walt's Words ? ?Pinocchio? ? Hear Walt himself discuss the making of ?Pinocchio? through archival recordings and interviews.
- The Pinocchio Project: ?When You Wish Upon a Star? ? Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney's Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film's signature song, ?When You Wish Upon a Star,? and produce a fresh new music video.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in ?Poor Papa? ? This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
- Classic Bonus Features ? These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of ?Pinocchio,? deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.
Feature Run Time: Approximately 88 minutes
I admit I had not watched Pinocchio in over 25 years...since I was a small child. What a wonder it was to watch it again and now with my own children! Truly a classic that is meant to be watched over and over again. Both my girls absolutely love it and I feel like by watching this movie with them I was able to check mark off a classic film every single child should see. It looks better than ever on Blu-ray and the bonus features are not to be missed! A classic Disney film that truly belongs in every DVD collection.