Who doesn’t love one cast iron skillet dishes? We’ve got some great ones coming your way, and this is the first in line. This 5 ingredient Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is a simple recipe perfect for fall.
What can I use if I don’t have a cast iron skillet?
A cast iron skillet is actually a great investment to make, and you can pick one up relatively cheap at a local box store. However, if you don’t have one, that’s ok. You can always pick one up at a later date, and just use what you have on hand. The thickest pan you have that can handle the most heat will be your best option.
Can I just wipe out cast iron skillet?
In many cases, yes you can just wipe it out, then give it a good rinse and dry. Some foods may be stuck on, and I will get into how to wash your cast iron skillet below.
Should you wash cast iron after every use?
In short, the answer is yes. Of course you will need to wash your cast iron skillet after you use it! However, you would wash this separately, and not with your other dishes. Absolutely do NOT put your cast iron skillet is the dishwasher!
While the skillet is still warm, wipe any excess food out of your skillet with paper towel. Rinse the skillet under hot water and use a nonabrasive sponge or scrubbing pad to remove any other food left on. If needed, you may use ust a drop of soap. Rinse and dry well.
What ingredients will I need to make this Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet?
You will need the following items to make this delicious one skillet dish.
extra virgin olive oil
frozen broccoli florets
You may also like some of our other recipes, which I will share below.
- Easy Crockpot Pot Roast
- Ham and Bean Soup Recipe
- BBQ Pork Loaded Nachos Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole Easy Recipe
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. bulk turkey sausage
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- ¾ c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey sausage and season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is slightly browned and no longer pink, around 6-8 minutes. While cooking, break up the sausage into small chunks with a spatula.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and continue cooking until they become soft and slightly crisp around the edges, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine. Cover and allow the broccoli to steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella on top. Cover for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!