Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and I really love the tradition that my husband’s family has shared with our children, of getting together for dinner each and every year. There is one staple recipe that is served during this gathering of family, and I’m going to share a green bean casserole easy recipe with you.
Thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without this staple recipe, and you can learn just how easy it is to make this recipe from scratch. It really is easier than you probably think!
Green bean casserole ingredients
It might surprise you to know that there aren’t a whole lot of ingredients that you will need to pick up to make this delicious casserole dish. You’ll need just cream of mushroom soup, green beans and crispy fried onions, in addition to milk, salt and pepper. Who would have though it was that simple to make this staple Thanksgiving dish?!
Green Bean Casserole easy recipe instructions
- 26oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 14oz Cans Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Crispy Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a casserole dish combine green beans, soup and milk.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper.
- Stir together.
- Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take casserole out of the oven and sprinkle french fried onions on top.
- Place back in the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes or until french fried onions look really golden brown.
- Serve & enjoy!
What goes good with green bean casserole?
There are a number of dishes that go good with this casserole. Some of my favorites include turkey, loaded mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. For dessert, make these adorable Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes!
How long can you eat green bean casserole?
Got leftovers? No worries! Your leftover casserole can be refrigerated for 3 to 5 days before it will go bad.