I received March Quarto STEAM Club Selections for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
It can be really hard to navigate all the reading material out there to find the best stuff for you kids. The Quarto STEAM Club is a bi-monthly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date with the latest and greatest in STEAM books for kids taking all the guesswork out of STEAM book selection!
By joining their newsletter you get to be a part of an amazing online community which includes:
- Quarto STEAM Club book and toy recommendations chosen by a panel of STEAM experts
- A discount coupon for 40% off the Quarto STEAM Club book picks on Quartoknows.com
- Free STEAM activity downloads
- Printable Quarto STEAM Club kid-member certificate
- STEAM activity videos
- Access to a dedicated private Facebook group for members to share tips and tricks
Here are the March Quarto STEAM Club Selections:
Create 25 amazing projects with 3D printing! With 3D Printing and Maker Lab for Kids, you can explore the creative potential behind this game-changing technology.
- Design your projects using free browser-based versions of CAD software Tinkercad and SketchUp.
- Follow the simple steps to create a variety of different projects.
- Learn about the fascinating science behind your creations.
- Get guidance on organizing team activities and contests.
Produced in association with the National Audubon Society, Audubon Birding Adventures for Kids introduces you and your children to the love of all things birding.
Whether exploring the forest, the backyard, or the city, you and your kids will learn about the habits of North America’s most popular songbirds, how to create safe and welcoming environments for them, how to observe them, and how to construct easy and safe species-appropriate birdhouses and feeders for common birds. The bird ID section includes descriptions of species and range maps.
Kids will find exciting activities and games, as well, including how to form birding groups, scavenger hunts, and a birdsong listening game. In addition to practical, field-tested knowledge and fascinating information about the species covered, this guide is packed with beautiful color photography.
Since all the information presented is the product of years of National Audubon Society expertise, both you and your kids can be sure you’re getting the best advice before setting about your birding adventures.
Take a ride through 26 fully illustrated search and find spreads, each one themed on a number. Count the animals going into Noah’s Ark two-by-two, spot 13 scary ghosts at the haunted house on Halloween, and visit Farm Fifteen where everything from one scarecrow through to 15 apples need to be found. Allan Sanders’ weird and wonderful drawings are packed full of funny things to spot and plenty of Where’s Waldo style humor, making this the best way to learn your 1, 2, 3s . . .
Immersed in the natural world, The Organic Artist for Kids inspires creativity by connecting kids and their adults to our wilderness roots.
In addition to offering a wide variety of fun, collaborative projects using nature as a source for art supplies and inspiration, this book also introduces the concepts of awareness and perception that are fundamental to the creative process. Children will be encouraged to learn new skills, build resilience, and be resourceful as part of an urgent struggle to prevent and undo Nature Deficit Disorder. Rooted in experimentation and an understanding that fun is fundamental to learning, kids will refine their drawing skills, as well as increase their appreciation for the visual arts and the natural landscape.
Just some of the projects and skills covered include:
- Making pens and wild inks
- Making paint from stones and rocks
- Crafting your own paintbrushes
- Making simple stencils and rubbings
In this book from the critically acclaimed, multimillion-copy best-selling Little People, BIG DREAMS series,discover the life of David Attenborough, the inspiring broadcaster and conservationist.
Little David grew up in Leicester on the campus of a university, where his father was a professor. As a child, he spent hours in the science library, collating his own specimens and creating a mini animal museum. When he was old enough to go to university, he studied science and zoology—but what he wanted most of all was to be close to the animals he was studying. So, he started working in television, visiting animals in their natural habitats, and telling the world the untold stories of these animals. This moving book features stylish and quirky illustrations and extra facts at the back, including a biographical timeline with historical photos and a detailed profile of the broadcaster’s life.
Little People, BIG DREAMS is a best-selling series of books and educational games that explore the lives of outstanding people, from designers and artists to scientists and activists. All of them achieved incredible things, yet each began life as a child with a dream.
This empowering series offers inspiring messages to children of all ages, in a range of formats. The board books are told in simple sentences, perfect for reading aloud to babies and toddlers. The hardcover versions present expanded stories for beginning readers. Boxed gift sets allow you to collect a selection of the books by theme. Paper dolls, learning cards, matching games, and other fun learning tools provide even more ways to make the lives of these role models accessible to children.
Inspire the next generation of outstanding people who will change the world with Little People, BIG DREAMS!
- Tiny Robots, big science fun: mini robotics kit with everything kids need to design and build miniature working machines from an assortment of real mechanical parts; travels easily for hours of play
- Hands-on STEM learning: exciting intro to Mini machines and robotics; experiment with gears, axles, movement, and balance; learn basic mechanical engineering-howw to assemble Robots, what makes them work; same content taught in beginning robotics STEM clubs
- 15 suggested builds, endless possibilities: while a child’s imagination is the only limit, an enormous foldout engineering manual gives instructions for 15 motorized builds that walk, roll, crawl, spin, and more
- 26 pieces + batteries included: 3-piece chassis, 2-Piece head, 5 gears, 3 axles, 5 wheels, 2 arms with grippers, 2 elbows, 2 legs, center roller, extender chassis, foldout instruction manual, 3 x 1. 5V LR44 (AG13) batteries
- Perfect for budding engineers ages 8+