I received tickets for The Lion King in 4DX for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Experience The Lion King in 4DX theaters for an EXTRA-AMAZING movie going experience! Each 4DX auditorium incorporates motion-based seating that is synchronized with more than 20 different effects which allow the audience to connect with movies through motion, vibration, water, wind, snow, lightning, scents, and other special effects that enhance the visuals on-screen. It is like spending over an hour on an amusement park ride without any of the lines! I took my family this past weekend to see The Lion King in 4DX and we LOVED IT!
Here is my picture of what the seats look like in the Orlando theater. I assume they are all similar at each location. They move in sets of 4. So these 4 seats pictured are on the same mechanism so to speak then there is a small space before the next 4 seats.
My girls find the seats super comfy. Here are my girls prepped for the movie. Once the movie starts you will wear 3D glasses. Ask for the kid sized 3D glasses for children and make sure to keep your drink in the seat cup holders and hold on to your popcorn so it does not go flying once the seats start moving!
The biggest thing to look out for while watching The Lion King in 4DX is its magical ‘Savanna Riding' motion design, engineered to capture the African wildlife's dynamic movements in the most exciting ways. The Pride Land and its wild animals, re-imaged in real life, have met with 4DX to give moviegoers of all ages - the majestic feeling of roaming the vast Savanna with the wildlife. Also, one of the film's highlight scenes in which Simba and Nala are chased by a pack of hyenas. Breathtaking visuals, a touching story that transcends the flow of time, classic songs by some of the best artists, and 4DX have all come together to create what will no doubt be Disney's most spectacular show to date. The rumble and roar of African wildlife will knock on your heart through 4DX motion chair beats while the upbeat rhythm of Simba running through the jungle and striding on the famous Pride Rock will arouse movie fan’s nostalgia from classic Lion King Musical. Some great 4DX scenes and moments in the film include:
- The wildebeest stampede scene: fog, wind, motion + vibration, and air shots – capturing the suspense, chairs following the thunderous movements
- The mighty roar of Mufasa: vibration + motion
- Scent: capturing the scents of the safari plains, the ominous elephant graveyard, the umami of the bugs in the logs, and the iconic waterfall from the famous Hakuna Matata scene
- Experience the thrill of the hunt through wind, motion + vibration, scent, capturing the speed and agility of the lions
- Iconic “Hakuna Matata” scene: chairs dance along to the song – heave, pitch, and vibration plus when they cross the waterfall, there’s also water + scent with the motions
- For “The Lions Sleeps Tonight” the chairs vibration and motion gently rocks along to the beat of ‘Wimoweh’
- 4DX captures little details of the animals of the kingdom – vibrations of a rhino snort, galloping motion of antelopes running
Check out this clip below of The Lion King in 4DX: Inside the Theater 360º VR. This gives you a really good idea of what the whole experience is like!
Here is the warning listed at the theater for 4DX. This is all standard but take note of the age and height requirement. You must be at least 3 and a half feet tall and 4 years old. No lap sitting! The seats really do get a lot of motion and as always safety first!
If the theaters listed below are currently not near you, don't worry as 4DX is rapidly expanding its footprint with Regal this year and will soon have over 85 locations in the U.S!
4DX Theater Locations in North America:
- Regal LA Live - Los Angeles, CA
- CGV Buena Park - Buena Park, CA
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera - Pico Rivera, CA
- Cinepolis Vista Pointe - Vista, CA
- Edwards Mira Mesa - San Diego, CA
- Regal, Union Square - New York, NY
- Regal E-Walk - New York, NY
- Regal Pointe Orlando - Orlando, FL
- Regal Avenues 20- Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL
- Regal Hollywood Naples - Hollywood, FL
- Regal Seattle Meridian - Seattle, WA
- Edwards Houston Marq*e - Houston, TX
- Regal Warrington Crossing - Warrington, PA
- Regal UA King Of Prussia - Philadelphia, PA
- Regal Gallery Place - Washington, DC
- Marcus Gurnee Mills Cinema - Gurnee, IL
- Regal Moore Warren - Moore, OK
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen - Charlotte, NC
- Regal Cinemas Opry Mills - Nashville, TN
- Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 - Knoxville, TN
- Regal Cinemas Red Rock - Las Vegas, NV
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas - Toronto, ON (CANADA)
More than 570 Hollywood and local titles have been screened in 4DX. To date, more than 70,000 4DX seats operate in 590 auditoriums, spanning 61 countries. We LOVED watching The Lion King in 4DX! With 4DX you not only watch the movie but you can really FEEL IT! I like to use going to the 4DX theater as a special treat! We can use trips to see movies in 4DX as experience rewards for good grades and good behavior in school but during the summer we just like to go because it is really fun! 4DX is an amazing movie going experience and one that has to be experienced to truly appreciate its awesomeness. Make sure to check out The Lion King in 4dX theaters and enjoy the feeling of running through the pride lands!