I received tickets for Toy Story 4 in 4DX for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Experience Toy Story 4 in 4DX theaters for the ULTIMATE movie going experience! Each 4DX auditorium incorporates motion-based seating that is synchronized with more than 20 different effects which allow the audience to connect with movies through motion, vibration, water, wind, snow, lightning, scents, and other special effects that enhance the visuals on-screen. It is like spending over an hour on an amusement park ride without any of the lines! I took my family this past weekend to see Toy Story 4 in 4DX and we LOVED IT!
Here is my picture of what the seats look like in the Orlando theater. I assume they are all similar at each location. They move in sets of 4. So these 4 seats pictured are on the same mechanism so to speak then there is a small space before the next 4 seats.
My girls find the seats super comfy. Here is Big Sis prepped for the movie. Once the movie starts you will wear 3D glasses. Ask for the kid sized 3D glasses for children and make sure to keep your drink in the seat cup holders and hold on to your popcorn so it does not go flying once the seats start moving!
This movie has some extra fun moments that make it that much more special in 4DX. You get to feel like you are riding around in Bo Peep’s skunk mobile, high speed chases through amusement parks and playgrounds, several atmospheric effects used like rain water and wind and in this movie you can even smell the flowers but there is plenty of action as well like Duke Caboom’s daring stunts, free falls, and electrifying jumps all enhanced with pitch, heave and motion!
Check out this clip below of Aladdin in 4DX: Inside the Theater 360º VR. This gives you a really good idea of what the whole experience is like (4DX did not have a preview for Toy Story 4 on their YouTube for me to post).
Here is the warning listed at the theater for 4DX. This is all standard but take note of the age and height requirement. You must be at least 3 and a half feet tall and 4 years old. No lap sitting! The seats really do get a lot of motion and as always safety first!
If the theaters listed below are currently not near you, don’t worry as 4DX is rapidly expanding its footprint with Regal this year and will soon have over 85 locations in the U.S!
4DX Theater Locations in North America:
- Regal LA Live – Los Angeles, CA
- CGV Buena Park – Buena Park, CA
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera – Pico Rivera, CA
- Cinepolis Vista Pointe – Vista, CA
- Edwards Mira Mesa – San Diego, CA
- Regal, Union Square – New York, NY
- Regal E-Walk – New York, NY
- Regal Pointe Orlando – Orlando, FL
- Regal Avenues 20- Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL
- Regal Hollywood Naples – Hollywood, FL
- Regal Seattle Meridian – Seattle, WA
- Edwards Houston Marq*e – Houston, TX
- Regal Warrington Crossing – Warrington, PA
- Regal UA King Of Prussia – Philadelphia, PA
- Regal Gallery Place – Washington, DC
- Marcus Gurnee Mills Cinema – Gurnee, IL
- Regal Moore Warren – Moore, OK
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Charlotte, NC
- Regal Cinemas Opry Mills – Nashville, TN
- Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 – Knoxville, TN
- Regal Cinemas Red Rock – Las Vegas, NV
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas – Toronto, ON (CANADA)
More than 570 Hollywood and local titles have been screened in 4DX. To date, more than 70,000 4DX seats operate in 590 auditoriums, spanning 61 countries. We LOVED watching Toy Story 4 in 4DX! With 4DX you not only watch the movie but you can really FEEL IT! I like to use going to the 4DX theater as a special treat! We can use trips to see movies in 4DX as experience rewards for good grades and good behavior in school but during the summer we just like to go because it is really fun! 4DX is an amazing movie going experience and one that has to be experienced to truly appreciate its awesomeness. Make sure to check out Toy Story 4 in 4dX theaters and feel like you are riding in the movie!