Freshening up spaces in our homes can be so rewarding. Of course, a full redecorating project can be pretty costly, and for some, that’s just not a possibility. But today, I’m sharing some small living room decorating ideas on a budget that can give you that fresh new look that you desire. This post has been sponsored by Zulily, though opinions are my own.
Little touches can go a long way when it comes to decorating, and the believe it or not, the smallest things can make a room feel like new. Ashley Bowen, Zulilyâ€™s Lead Editorial Stylist for Home, has shared some simple ways to revamp your living room.
- Freshen up your home with plants â€“ living or faux, plants can add color and life to any space!
- Bold colors and patterns are in! Spruce up your space with an accent wall- choose a bold color or wallpaper that speaks to you.
- For a cost effective seasonal or holiday update, switch up your throws and accent pillows with on-trend prints and textures!
Refreshing your living room really can be that simple! Zulily launches a new store every day, and they offer thousands of products to choose from. They actually have 54 photo sets where their in-house creative team photographs hundreds of different scenes to showcase their products to millions of customers. The thing that I love the most about Zulily, is that you just never know what you’re going to find there. Products can range from furniture, home decor, kitchen appliances, clothing and so much more. And best of all, the prices are always friendly on the budget!
I have some other simple ideas on how to refresh your space too, with items that you likely already have lying around the house..
small living room decorating ideas on a budget
- Paint some old frames – Paint can give anything a new look, so grab your old frames and give them a new coat of color. You can even pick up some frames at yard sales if you need more.
- Decoupage some bottles – Grab some empty wine bottles in different shapes and sizes. Pick up some decorative napkins or tissue paper in your new living room colors and some ModPodge and you’ll have some vases that you can toss some real or fake flowers into.
- Display your collectibles – Collectibles can be displayed in many ways, with the home being a blank canvas for self-expression. If youâ€™re into medieval collectibles, you could hang decorative swords and weapons as wall ornaments just like they used to back in the days.
There are some interesting findings from a recent survey from Zulily when it comes to decorating our homes. 24.2M, or 7% of Americans said that updating their home cures their boredom, while 18% feel “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.” A whopping 42% of Americans feel that their home doesn’t reflect their personal style, and is just a place to live, and of course men won the majority there!
When it comes to most important factors in a home, 38% of those surveyed feel that comfort is the #1 priority, while 24% feel that style is. Personally, I try to weave comfort and style in whenever I can. It all boils down to money though, and 37% agreed that budget plays a huge role when it comes to sprucing up a room.