Rice Krispies Treats are one of my favorites to make. They are super delicious, and the whole family loves them. I like how versatile they are because you can make them in so many fun different ways. Like these Robin Eggs Rice Krispies Nests, which are perfect for Easter! *This post contains affiliate links.
My love for Rice Krispies Treats go back to my childhood. When it was time to plan my birthday treat for my class, I always requested that my mom make a double batch. That way all of the kids could have seconds!
Robin Eggs Rice Krispies Nests are super cute and would be perfect for any Easter parties or classroom celebrations that your children have coming up. Believe it or not, they are pretty simple to make, and the kids can even get involved in helping to put them together.
Robin Eggs Rice Krispies Nests
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 package Mini Robin Eggs
- ? cup coconut
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- Cooking spray
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
4. Spray a bit of cooking spray on your hands.
5. Form a small ball of Rice Krispies mixture, and place into mini muffin tin.
6. Using a spoon, form the ball around the bottom and sides, to create a nest.
7. Put coconut in a zipper bag and add food coloring, zip and shake well until coconut is coated and green in color.
8. Add a few coconut flakes to each nest.
9. Top with 3 Mini Robin Eggs.
See how simple these Robin Eggs Rice Krispies Nests are to make? It really takes no time at all to whip up a few dozen of these tasty treats! These Easter Chick Rice Krispie Treats are another fun one for Easter!