With the excitement of the DVD, Blu-ray and Digital release I am here to share with you all a fun craft you can do at home: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms DIY Snow Globe.
I am NOT what I would call a crafty person but my middle daughter, Lil Sis, is 7 years old and not only very crafty but she is also my little ballerina! She jumped at the chance to make a snow globe inspired by The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
Bring the Land of Snowflakes to Life!
- Place and glue any figures to the inside of the lid. Wash trees off first to keep green flakes out of water.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of snow to the globe container.
- Fill the globe with water (do not fill all the way to the top).
- Add 3-5 drops of glycerin to the globe.
- Screw the lid on the globe and then glue the lid shut.
- Shake your jar and watch the Land of Snowflakes come to life!
I tried to keep my mouth shut as Lil Sis designed it and glued it all on her own! That is so hard for me as I admit to being a bit controlling when it comes to craft time.
Ours turned out super stinkin cute! Lil Sis loves it and it is proudly displayed in her room! She had been wanting to make a snow globe for years so this was the perfect project for her, especially since we just watched the movie on Blu-ray!
Make sure to check out my review post that lets you watch a trailer for The Nutcracker and the Four Realms as well as a list of all bonus features on the Blu-ray Combo Pack. We all enjoyed the movie as well as making this snow globe and we are sure to watch the movie over and over again every holiday season!