Fall is in full swing and that means crazy low temperatures here in the Midwest. October isn’t even over yet and we’ve already got the heat on! I’m all about the comfort, so today I’m sharing tips on how to stay warm in a cold room to keep you cozy at night.
While the fall and winter months can be a bit brutal when it comes to temperatures, there are ways that you can keep warm and I start by layering with warm clothing. When the temperatures drop even more at night, I like the put on my coziest pajamas and stay warm by the fire. Cuddl Duds are my favorite because they’re warm, functional and totally stylish.
Staying warm in cold weather is key and I’ve got some great tips for you below.
How to stay warm in a cold room
- Start a fire in the fireplace. During the cold months, we often have a fire going to keep us warm and cozy. Fires help to heat the house too, so it;s a win/win.
- Dress in layers. The good thing about being cold is that you can always add layers to keep you extra warm. You can stay warm while showing off your unique style at home by wearing your favorite personalized t-shirts.
- Grab a scarf or hat. I know, it might sound silly to some, but you can wear these items inside to keep you warm too!
- Change the curtains. Use heavier, thicker curtains in the winter.
- Spend the day or evening baking. The oven helps to heat up the house, so pick a cold day to spend baking.
- Grab a blanket. Warm blankets can keep you warm and if it;s super chilly, perhaps opt for an electric blanket.
- Shove a blanket by a drafty door. Drafts can come through the bottom of doors, so placing a blanket under it can help.
I hope these tips on staying warm helped you. I’m looking forward to spending the evening relaxing by the fire and watching a movie!