Disney?Pixar's Incredibles 2, the sequel to 2004's beloved Oscar?-winning The Incredibles, received a mega-strong reaction from critics and audiences alike. Now fans can reunite with this incredible family of Supers instantly on Movies Anywhere October 23rd and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD??, Blu-ray?? DVD and On-Demand November 6th!
In ?Incredibles 2,? Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of normal life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack?whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don?t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side. That's what makes this family so Incredible.
Written and directed by Brad Bird (?The Iron Giant,? ?The Incredibles,? Ratatouille) and produced by John Walker (?The Incredibles,? Tomorrowland) and Nicole Paradis Grindle (?Sanjay's Super Team? short, ?Toy Story 3? associate producer), ?Incredibles 2? is executive produced by John Lasseter. ?The Incredibles? was the film that introduced Oscar?-winning composer Michael Giacchino (?Up,? Tomorrowland) to moviegoers, and he returns to the Incredibles universe to create the score for ?Incredibles 2.?
BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer)
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business?? In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns?? Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New ?Auntie Edna? Mini-Movie?-?When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby's seemingly limitless powers.?
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions?- Suburban Escape,? Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff?- From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains?? A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the ?Incredibles 2? characters ? featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer?- This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in ?Incredibles 2.?
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird?- Brad Bird's passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney's Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he's made. Take a deep dive into Brad's early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes?- At its heart, ?Incredibles 2? is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby?? A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel's Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen ? from design to special effects to animation ? all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary?? Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: Bao?- An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making Bao?- Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short ? discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy ?Bao.?
- Outtakes & Stories?- Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs,?Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots?,?Toolkit Montage?and?Global ?Incredibles 2? Trailers
- Theatrical Short: Bao?&?Commentary
Feature Run Time: Approximately 118 minutes
To say that I have been waiting a long time for this sequel Incredibles movie that would be an understatement. When the first movie came out I was not even married yet and still in college and now I have been married 13 years and have 3 children. I was so incredibly worried this movie would not do the franchise justice but Incredibles 2 takes place right where the last movie left off and it is as if all this time waiting never even happened. The characters are just as charismatic as ever and the story is filled with adventure and plenty of laughs.? My family saw it in theaters and we have now watched the Blu-ray copy several times and it is just a visual delight to watch it on our big screen television here at home. Don't forget to check out all the bonus features after your family is done watching the movie. The Auntie Edna Mini Movie is a MUST SEE! In the words of my Violet aged 10 "the clip of Auntie Edna was so LOL awesome that I could watch it 100 more times and still LOL. You get to see what happens when Auntie Edna babysits Jack-Jack while trying to design a suit that works with his powers!" #MyAuntieEdnaReview
You can connect with Disney?Pixar on YouTube.