This partnered guest post sharing money saving hacks a round the house has been provided to us. All opinions are of the author.
Let's face it, we could all do with saving some money. This is especially true when vacation time is approaching and you have special occasions coming up. Yet, it can sometimes be hard to find ways to cut back on your spending. After all, you don?t want to notice that you are spending less or let it affect your life.
So, we?ve come up with 10 money saving hacks around the house. Check them out now to start saving your dollars!
- Use the Dryer Less -?Have you noticed that your energy bills are high? This could be because you use your dryer every time you wash your clothes. Sure, it is quick and easy, especially when there is an item of clothing you want to wear. But, you are going to save money if you air dry the clothes in your house or hang them in the yard. This will leave your clothes dry and smelling fresh!
- Turn off the Lights -?Do you forget to switch the light off when you leave the room? Well, this could be costing you money! Actively switching off the lights in your house will allow you to save money on your electricity bills.
- Check for Gaps -?When there are gaps in your windows and doors, you are wasting money on your heating and air conditioning. Go around your home and see if there are any gaps you can fill in to keep in your heating and air conditioning.
- Unplug the Electronics -?We don?t mean you have to live in the dark from now on, but you can unplug the electronics that you aren?t using to save money. It's easy to leave appliances plugged in, but actively switching them off will cut electricity costs.
- Collect Change - It is easy to let change lie around the house when it is only a few cents or a dollar. But, this money will soon add up when you combine it all together, so get your finances in order by collecting all of your change. You will be surprised what you can save up a few months down the line.
- Organize the Pantry - Do you really know all of the food that is in your pantry? When things become disorganized, it's easy to grab the food that is in the front of your pantry with loads of other food that has to be used towards the back. So, get everything in order so you don?t waste food and you don?t buy more that you don?t need to at the store.
- Choose Energy Efficient Lights - When you have your lights on all day, it can soon add up. So, think about switching to more energy efficient light bulbs. These generally last longer and work out saving you money in the long run.
- Make Cleaning Products - Buying cleaning products from the store can soon add up. So, to save some money you can easily make them yourself! Simply use lemon and vinegar or baking soda and watch all of your home become sparkling and clean in no time! Plus, you will spend half the money you would before!
- Maintain Your Appliances - It is easy to just leave appliances running all the time without checking them. Don?t fix something if it isn?t broken, right? Well, it still pays to maintain your appliances and have them checked on a regular basis. This will mean they run more efficiently and save you money on your bills, as well as allow for repairs before things get worse and costly.
- Turn down the Heating or AC - The majority of your energy bills is spent on the heating and cooling of your home all day. So, why not turn it down a little? You will be surprised how much this can save you on your bills and if you choose a jumper or a blanket, you can still stay warm, as well as enjoying cold water if you need to cool down.
About Joanne Aubuchon
Joanne is a resident writer for SERVIZ, an on-demand home services company offering everything from Plumbing repairs to Carpet Cleaning across the US. Joanne is a writer by day and reader by night. Joanne loves writing about saving money, raising kids and improving the quality of our lives. When she is not writing, you can find her trying out new salad recipes, playing ball with her kids, or cheering in the stands at her son's soccer games.