The holidays are such a fun and festive time of year and I enjoy going all out with decorations to make everything look pretty! I really love the fact that we have a fireplace in our house and like to make that a big focal point in our family room for the holidays. I’ve partnered with Pine Mountain to share tips on decorating your mantle for the holidays. As always, opinions are my own.
When it comes to decorating your mantle for the holidays, or any time of year for that matter, you really want to make sure that the decor doesn’t look out of place, and that it flows well with the rest of the decor in that room. No matter how lovely the decor, if it doesn’t flow, it will look out of place and tacky. Since our fireplace is all natural stone, I’ve started adding rustic type decor over the years and it seems to work well.
Tips on decorating your mantle for the holidays
- Safety first – Safety is the most important factor when decorating your mantle for the holidays. Always use a fireplace screen and make sure that nothing flammable is close enough to spark, should an ember hit the screen. You will notice a difference in the image above and the one below – the string of poinsettias is not in the image below, with the fire going. While it looks pretty, it is a fire hazard when we are burning, so it must come off.
- Ensure that stockings are secure. We use really heavy stocking holders that sit on the ledge.
- Decorate from the middle to the outer ends. This will help ensure that the decor flows well and help to keep everything symmetrical.
- Don’t overdo it. Sometimes simple is indeed best, even during the holidays so depending on the decor you’re using, you might need to keep it simple.
- Take a step back. As with any decor, take a good look at it from a distance and even ask for a second opinion, if you are unsure about something.
Now, when it comes to getting the fire burning, I always turn to Pine Mountain. They’ve got the best assortment of products for indoor and outdoor fires and their products are so easy to use. I love the Pine Mountain ExtremeStart? Firestarter because they really help to make starting any fire effortless. In fact, I can even start the grill with ease thanks to these babies and I shared all about it last year, as well as a very tasty Bacon Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe that you’ve got to try!
The?Pine Mountain ExtremeStart? Firestarter box contains 12 wrapped firestarters that are super easy to use, simply by lighting the wrapper at the arrows where indicated.
We like to use those long matches just for added precaution.
While we enjoy having? cozy fires often, we don’t always have split wood on hand, or we just want a smaller fire for a shorter amount of time. That’s where Pine Mountain’s firelogs come in handy because they’ve got a great variety to choose from. During the holidays, the American Home? by Yankee Candle? Balsam Fir Firelogs are my favorite because they give off a fresh pine scent that just fills the house!
Invite Pine Mountain products into your home this holiday season. I promise that you won’t be disappointed! You can find them at many stores, including Walmart. Check out the store locator to find a store near you.