Many of us stare at a screen for large?amounts of time each day. Whether it be for our job, school or just recreation, screen time often plays a huge roll in our lives. We like to be connected and entertained but don’t realize the effects of screen time. That’s why I’ve partnered with Lutemax 2020 to share these tips for healthy eyes?with you today.
We’ve all been taught to protect our eyes for UV light and the sun but seldom is high-energy blue light discussed. Computers, tablets, smartphones and our television screens all have?high-energy blue light, which is very harmful to our eyes when staring at screens for hours each day. The big concern is damage to the macula, which is responsible for our sharpness of vision. Penetrating deeper into the eye than any other light wave, high-energy blue light can cause some serious damage.
Do you ever experience eye fatigue, eyestrain, blurry vision or headaches during or after screen time? These are the effects of short-term high-energy blue light exposure but long term exposure, if left untreated can result in the loss of visual function.
Tips for Healthy Eyes
- It’s all about the diet.?A diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables especially dark, leafy greens is great for the health of your eyes. Eggs, salmon, trout and broccoli are great too!
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Regular eye exams are key. It’s recommended to get one every 2 years for adults, then every year after age 60.
- Wear sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat or visor to block the sun when outside.
- Be mindful of screen time. Use proper lighting and take breaks as needed. You should sit 25 inches from the screen and gaze downward.
- Take a daily supplement containing Lutemax 2020.
Lutein and two zeaxanthin isomers found in Lutemax 2020 are nutrients preferentially deposited in the eye and act as a shield against high-energy blue light. They also support visual function by acting as an antioxidant to protect the eyes. Practicing these eye health habits and taking a daily supplement containing Lutemax 2020 can help your family enjoy screen time without severely impacting your vision.
To learn more about blue light and how Lutemax 2020 can help filter high-energy blue light visit http://luteinforeveryage.com/eye-skin-brain-health/intro-to-eye-health/blue-light. You can find many well known supplement brands with the ingredient Lutemax 2020 at your local health foods store, vitamin retailer or online using the keyword ?Lutemax 2020?.