Disasters strike in an instant and you just never know if you’re going to be in an emergency situation where your family will have to evacuate. With September being National Emergency Preparedness month, I’ve partnered with Live Prepared to share tips on how to bug out fast in case you need to leave in a hurry.
It makes sense to have things on hand for any type of emergency, whether you have to leave home or not. Storms roll through all the time, leaving people without power for hours, sometimes days, so it makes sense to keep some supplies on hand. I know it can be confusing and you might not know what exactly you might need and that’s why I suggest grabbing a kit from Live Prepared.
Their 72 hour Premium Emergency kit has everything that you will need to get through 3 days of an emergency and enough food for one adult. It all comes in a large plastic bin that you can store in the basement or garage and there’s a backpack included in case you need top bug out fast. You can purchase additional food only kits as well if you’d like to have enough instant food on hand for the entire family. There are other kits as well, including auto emergency kits, which are great to have on hand.
How to bug out fast
- Create a family emergency communication plan?now so that you’re ready if and when disaster does strike.
- Prepare your wallet with important numbers, part of your family emergency plan and a stash of cash.
- Have an emergency kit from Live Prepared on hand. Pack it up in your “bug out bag” so that you can take off right away when the need arises.
- If you take any meds, put?a copy of your prescription?+ 1 week supply into your bug out bag.
- Grab only the necessities. It’s tempting to take things that you want, but be realistic.
- If you have pets, grab a leash and collar, as well as some food.
- When you leave home, try to keep your family together but have a plan on where to meet should you get separated.
- Don’t panic and try to keep a level head.
I know it’s a scary subject to think about, but if you’re prepared, things will run much smoother. Here is a great resource on being prepared for an emergency, which I recommend you read?through. Knowledge is power and combined with an emergency kit can literally save your family if you have to bug out fast.
Get 15% off your Live Prepared Kit
Sign up to receive emergency preparedness tips and special offers?and Live Prepared?will email you a promo code for 15% off your Live Prepared Order.