I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens absolutely shattered box office records upon its debut to become the cinematic event of a generation with over $926 million domestic and $2.05 billion worldwide. The entire Star Wars franchise is truly epic and should not be missed! The super exciting part is that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available to own early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on April 1st and on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5th. The wait is over and you can now bring this film home to enjoy any time you want!
Star Wars: The Force Awakens saw the eagerly anticipated reteaming of original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, along with Anthony Daniels, the only actor to have been in all seven Star Wars films, and Peter Mayhew. The returning cast was joined by newcomer Daisy Ridley, who beat out fierce competition to take the principal role of Rey; BAFTA Rising Star Award winner John Boyega (Attack the Block, Imperial Dreams) as reluctant stormtrooper Finn; Emmy? nominee Adam Driver (Lincoln, Girls) as the villainous Kylo Ren, and Golden Globe? winner Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis, The Bourne Legacy) as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.
Discover the complete story behind the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with in-depth documentary and bonus material that will take fans on an exciting journey behind the scenes.? Secrets will be revealed through?extensive footage, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews?with the actors and filmmakers.
Bonus features include:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey ? For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through?in-depth footage?and exclusive interviews?with the actors and filmmakers?in this?feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read ? Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie?s script.
- Building BB-8 ? See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures ? Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight ? Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony ? The legendary composer?shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force ? An insider?s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie?s visual effects.
- Force For Change ? Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 136 minutes
Check out this deleted scenes clip!
I am a HUGE fan of the originals as I grew up watching them over and over again with my dad in the 80s and I even enjoyed the prequels. The Force Awakens is absolutely amazing! It takes all the elements from the original trilogy that made this franchise great and recreates it in a way that continues the stories while still staying true to what made Star Wars great. You have all the original characters and the plot ages 30 years just like the actors themselves. The movie was filmed on 35mm film and it makes it feel so much more connected with the original trilogy than the digital prequels.
Of course I was most excited for all the bonus features! Even husband was excited to sit down and see what it took to make this amazing movie come to life on the screen. I have now watched almost all of the bonus features DVD and the one not to miss is the Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey. So many tidbits of information from casting all the way through filming the last scenes. It includes interviews with all the key people including Abrams and the actors themselves. It seems like everyone working on this film knew what a big deal it was so they had to make every little detail right. I also find it interesting to see what scenes were deleted from the final cut and it is fun to see how everyone’s new favorite droid, BB-8, was created. This movie is a MUST-SEE and don’t skip over the bonus features as it is truly amazing what all the people involved with the film did to make this movie not disappoint.