I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
We have been doing a weekly board game night for years now and it is a time we all look forward to getting together and having some fun without the use of technology. This week game night happened while we were out camping and we played Tall Tales: The Game of Infinite Storytelling. This is a non-competitive game that works with the power of your imagination. Tall Tales is portable and easy to pack in your carry-on bag, making it convenient for road trips and flights too. It has even been awarded the Parent Tested Parent Approved Award as well as the Tillywig Award for Best Family Fun.
This real 3-D game includes 50 detailed game pieces, 24 full color story cards and a story bag to store game pieces. Players draw random story elements from the story bag and twist their best tale using each piece. As a strange side note the pieces are kinda squishy and a joy to touch and feel. Sensory kids will love it!
With 5 ways to play the only limit is your imagination!
- Basic Game: One player reaches into the story bag and draws 8 story pieces one at a time. Player then begins telling a TALL TALE using one of the pieces drawn until all the pieces are included in the story. The story can be as wacky or fun as your imagination will allow. When the story is over, all the pieces go back into the story bag, and the next player draws to start their TALL TALE.
- World Tales: Follow the BASIC GAME directions. After drawing 8 story pieces, draw one story place card and use that card as an environment for your TALL TALE. As you tell your story, place your story pieces on the story place card as used.
- Taller Tales: Choose a number 9 to 50. One player draws one piece to use in their story. Once that piece is used, that player draws another piece which must be the next piece they use in their story. The story continues until the number of pieces chosen to use is achieved. Story place cards may be added for even more variations.
- Group Tales: Each player draws two or more story pieces, making the total number of pieces among all players between 10 and 20 (or whatever amount you desire). The first player chooses one piece they?ve drawn and begins the story. Once the first player uses their piece in the tale, they pass the story onto the second player who continues, using one of their pieces. The story passes from player to player until all players have used up all their pieces. Story place cards may be added for an added challenge.
- Marathon Tales: Like TALLER TALES, but the number chosen is always 50 pieces (the entire bag). Have one story teller, or make it like Group Tales where the story travels from player to player. Story place cards may be added for professional storytellers.
I will admit my stories were pretty boring and straight forward at first but I got more wild and crazy as I played. Big Sis and the Husband are naturals at this game and Big Sis didn't want to stop playing.
Available on scsdirectinc.com, Amazon as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. Tall Tales is a really great board game that is all about making up fun stories and no competition unless you count the amount of laughter each story gets. A surprisingly fun game the whole family enjoys!