I’m excited to partner with Kimberly Clark and The Motherhood to bring today’s post to you. All opinions are my own.
Spring is here and I’m so excited to get started for the season of sunshine, flowers and fun. My family just finished a spring yard clean up last week and now it’s time to get started in the house. We’ve been tackling each room a little at a time and thankfully we had some great products from Viva, Scott and Cottonelle to help us along the way. I also made a new batch of my DIY Disposable Cleaning Wipes which I’ll share how to make later in this post.
Since the kids are on Spring Break right now, they’ve been really helpful. We got a big Walmart shopping trip done where we stocked up on Viva, Scott and Cottonelle paper products, a few other cleaning products and a few organizational products. You definitely can’t spring clean without purging and organizing as you go! Here are some tips on how my family makes cleaning a little more fun:
- Crank it up – We definitely need music to clean. We crank it up real loud, so that we can hear it through the entire house and get to work. I just feel that music provides an added boost of energy and of course it’s always great when your favorite songs start playing!
- Sing along – You have to sing along, that’s just part of the fun! Grab a roll of paper towel or use the vacuum hose as a microphone!
- Shake it– Whether you’re washing windows or dusting the shelves, you’ve gotta move your body and dance to the rhythm!
A supply bin with a handle is always handy to have so that you don’t have to keep running back and forth to grab supplies as you go from room to room. I keep a bottle of cleaner, the DIY Non-Toxic Bathroom Cleaner that Shay shared last year, a container with my DIY Disposable Cleaning Wipes, a few sponges, some extra gloves and a roll of Viva Vantage paper towels. I especially love these when I’m cleaning because they have a strong and durable scrubby texture which makes scrubbing things that much easier! It not only gets the toothpaste off the sink, but the grime of the stove too! Viva Vantage is available in 6 and 12 roll packs so you won’t run out quickly!
I dread heading into the bathroom and cleaning so I make sure we’re stocked up on cleaning supplies in there as well as Scott and Cottonelle bathroom tissue. I prefer the Cottonelle Clean Ripple Texture in my bathroom so my bum gets a better clean and the boys’ bathroom is stocked with Scott 1000 since it helps provide long-lasting value.
And now, without further ado, I’ll share with you this super easy to make and very budget friendly DIY Disposable Cleaning Wipes tutorial!
DIY Disposable Cleaning Wipes
You’ll need the following supplies:
- Round plastic container with snapping lid
- Viva Towels
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol (91% Isopropyl)
- 1 tsp dish detergent
- 1 cup water
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit in the share of an X in the center of the container’s lid.
- Place a roll of Viva Towels inside the container. Mark a spot on the Viva? Towels, just below where top of the container’s height. Draw a line around the entire roll of Viva Towels and cut along the line using a serrated knife such as a bread knife. Place cut portion of Viva Towels back into container.
- In a separate container, mix the rubbing alcohol, water and dish detergent together.
- Slowly pour liquid mixture evenly over Viva Towels, ensuring that you soak the entire roll.
- Remove cardboard tube from the center of the Viva Towels.
- Starting from the middle of the roll of Viva Towels, grab onto the end of a sheet and slide it through the bottom of the container’s lid, through the “X” that you previously cut into it.
- Place the lid on and start your spring cleaning!
Do you have any Spring Cleaning tips that you’d like to share with us?