I received a sample for my feature. All opinions are of my own.
It may have arrived late, but winter is definitely here now and we’re feeling the brunt of the bitter Wisconsin chill since we’ve been spoiled up until now. But chilly as it might be, the show must go on and I’ve got some winter survival tips to share with you.
5 Winter Survival Tips
- Reduce drafts – Many old houses have drafts but you can easily reduce those drafts by placing plastic over any windows that have a slight draft. This will help to cut heating costs as well.
- Ensure for easy snow removal – You never know how much snow we’re going to get and I’ll tell you firsthand that there’s not many things worse than having to shovel an entire driveway with a shovel. Get a snowblower. You’ll thank me later!
- Keep salt on hand – Ice forms quickly so always make sure that you have enough salt to melt the ice for your safety.
- Stockpile – When storms are brewing, everyone and their brother hits the store to stock up for the storm. Be proactive and stock up now, before the storm warning. Things like bottled water, food, batteries, flashlights and blankets are essential to have on hand.
- Dress for the weather – If you have to bear the cold temps, make sure you dress for the weather. A warm jacket, gloves and hat are essential, while snow pants, scarves and extra layers are a good idea too.
Snow Joe has you covered when it comes to snow removal and the iON Hybrid will help save you from having to shovel for hours. The first ever hybrid snow blower?to offer a cordless or corded operation, the iON Hybrid makes’snow removal quick and easy. It’s gotten my family through the start of our snow and be on the lookout for a full review in the next few weeks, along with chances to win awesome prizes here and on our social channels.