Christmas is almost here and this is the season where I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I love making baked goods or finding ways to create cute treats. I love the taste of chocolate covered Oreos, so decided to create this adorable reindeer cookies.
- Oreo type cookies
- Pretzel sticks (can also use round pretzels for short antlers)
- Chocolate chips
1. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or you can slowly microwave a bowl of chocolate chips.
2. As they're melting, open the Oreos and stick 2 pretzel sticks into the cream. Add a little melted chocolate on top of where you put the pretzel to help them stay put and put the Oreo back together. Put these in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes
3. Remove from freezer and dunk into the bowl of chocolate (or you can spoon it on top). Add your M&M nose.
4. Break pretzel sticks into smaller pieces and with icing attach onto the antlers. I'll admit breaking a rounded pretzel and using that would probably be way easier, but my son wanted "BIG, GIANT ONES!!" so I went with the sticks 🙂
5. Put back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes (whenever the chocolate is completely hardened.
6. Use to icing to pipe on little circles for eyes. I just put some icing in a plastic baggie and snipped off just the tip of the corner of the bag. Then use a toothpick dipped in the chocolate to add one brown spot to the center of each eye.
7. Eat and enjoy 🙂
These were simple and so delicious! I plan to make them to have out on Christmas as I know they'll be a big hit.
Do you have a favorite holiday cookie recipe?
This post was originally featured on my now discontinued blog, Lean Green Mom.