Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away so it’s kind of getting down to crunch time. Most mothers provide nurture and unconditional love, so I know that many people can relate to trying to make the day perfect for mom. We want to shower her with gifts of love to show her how much we love, appreciate and adore her. Since I’m a mother myself, I thought I’d share some ideas that would make my Mother’s Day perfect and most likely your mom’s too!
1. Start the day fresh – The last thing any mom wants to even think about doing on Mother’s Day is cleaning. The night before, pick up and/or clean whatever messes are laying around. Make sure that she can wake up to a fresh and clean space to help motivate an amazing day!
2. Breakfast in bed – It doesn’t necessarily have to be in bed (though it would be nice!), but any mom would appreciate waking up to a delicious spread of her favorites. Some ideas include eggs, bacon, bagels and fruit. But you know your mom best, so pick her favorites!
3. Shower her with flowers – literally! 100 roses showed up on my doorstep last week from PassionRoses and I’ll tell you, I sure felt like someone special. I can imagine the feeling would have been even sweeter coming from my boys! Hint, hint.
4. Plan a spa treatment – Whether it’s a pedicure, massage or other type of spa treatment, mom deserves to be pampered. We could all use an hour at the spa ah, it’s calling me already!
5. Plant a garden – I know plenty of women who love to garden, yet others who swear they have a black thumb. But the good news is that there are options for everyone. You could help mom plant in her existing garden(s), make a new one or even do something like a Fair Garden that requires little to no maintenance.
6. Give her a coupon booklet – Print or draw coupons that mom can turn in for gifts from you things like 1 free foot massage, a “dishes free” day or extra snuggles. These make great gifts from little ones!
Having fresh flowers all around the house was amazing! I filled most of my vases with beautiful, fragrant bouquets and even made an extra one for my sister after all, I had plenty to share! Luscious arrangements of freshly cut roses adorned my dining table, family room end table, large kitchen window sill and the biggest of all bouquets filled half a shelf in my home office area. It seemed only fitting to have my favorite arrangement where I spend most of my time!
PassionRoses come fresh from the Columbian farm where they’re grown and are available in different arrangement types. You can order a dozen, double dozen or bouquet, though PassionRoses puts the traditional bouquets to shame with their 50 and 100 rose orders. I don’t think there is a woman alive who wouldn’t be thrilled to have 50 or 100 roses show up on her doorstep!
I know everyone likes to score a great deal when they’re shopping so use the code BESTMOM to get 15% off at checkout when you shop PassionRoses!
Winner: Sharon R.