*This post contains affiliate links
Our summers only last about 3 months in Wisconsin, so we tend to make the most of it by gathering with friends and family for cook outs quite often. Since we often host a few of them at our house, I do a lot of cooking. I’m always trying to cut corners where I can and this easy Italian pasta salad recipe of mine is a favorite.
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
My Zesty Italian Pasta Salad requires no cooking aside from the noodles, which is why I love it so much. It’s one of my go to dishes when I don’t have a whole lot of time on my hands and it’s one of the salads I take with most often for pot luck parties.
Some of my favorite things to include in the Zesty Italian Pasta Salad are cheese (duh, I’m from Wisconsin!}, mini pepperoni, cucumbers, black olives and tomatoes. There are so many other things that you could add in too, like croutons, broccoli, banana peppers and stuffed olives. My goal is to make this salad fun, colorful and delicious!
I’ve recently found that I like to make this salad a day before serving. That way the noodles really soak up the dressing and it’s a bit more flavorful.
Because I load my Zesty Italian Pasta Salad with cheese and veggies, my husband has made a meal out of it from time to time. It’s one of his favorites!
Here are some items that you can purchase to make this Zesty Italian Pasta Salad.
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 box Rainbow Rotinni noodles
- 1 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 8oz block marble cheddar cheese
- 8oz block pepper-jack cheese
- 1 can black olives
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 package mini pepperoni
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 5 tbps dry Italian seasoning flakes
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water for a few minutes, stirring. While the noodles are cooking, cut the cheese and cucumber.
- Once noodles are cool, put into large bowl and pour 3/4 bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing over them. Add Italian seasoning, stir well, then add the rest of ingredients. Toss well.
- Cover, refrigerate over night, then add the remaining dressing before serving, tossing after adding it.
I told you, super easy and oh so delicious! Eat and enjoy!