I have never had a burger from White Castle myself, but as I had my first job in New York, I knew quite a few people who swore by them. I even had a friend, who’s now husband went on a crazy overnight drive with his friend just to get one. I swear! And no, it’s not what that movie is based off of. I guess they’re just that good! I found this recipe off of favfamilyrecipes.com
|Courtesy of FavFamilyRecipes.com|
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Cheese slices
- Slider or dinner rolls cut in? half
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, mix first four inredients
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet as evenly and as flat as you can make it
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Remove and add the finely chopped onions to sides of meat. Like a border of onions.
- Bake again for 15 minutes
- Remove and add cheese slices
- Spoon onions over entire burger. Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted
- Remove and add top bun only to meat. I could fit four across on my sheet
- Back for an additional 5 minutes
- Allow to cool for five minutes. Use a pizza slicer and run it between the buns to form square patties.
- Remove and place your slider on top of bottom buns
My sliders did not come out as pretty as the picture above, they were an uneven cut as I did not spread my meat thin enough. But they tasted very good! My husband said they did not taste exactly like White Castle burgers, but they were the closest home made ones he’s ever had! I like the additional protein from the peanut butter and calcium from the milk!
Enjoy you’re Good Grub y’all!