Cupcakes are perfect for any time of year but special holidays make them even better! These Guinness Cupcakes are to die for and are sure to please the crowd during your St. Patrick's Day festivities! Bake a dozen or bake hundreds, either way, your St. Patrick's Day celebrations wouldn't be the same without them!
- One box of Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- One jar of Chocolate Icing
- Follow directions on back of cake mix, but, substitute water with Guinness
- Bake cake as directions call for
- As cake cools, make your shamrock cookies!
- One bag of Sugar Cookie Mix (found in bakery aisle)
- Softened Butter
- Green Food Dye
- Follow directions on back of package for cut outs
- Once mixed, add a few drops of green dye and mix
- Roll out dough.
- Cut into small heart shapes. I used my FunBites tool for this, but, you can easily trace a heart out with knife!
- Take three hearts and press them together to form a shamrock
- Bake according to directions, but watch for the last few minutes
|I got fancy!|
Now, the fun part! Allow all sugary treats to cool down and then frost your cupcakes. Once frosting is set, simply stick a cookie on top! The treat looks like you spent awhile making them, but thanks to box mixes, your time is cut in half, or even more! (Feel free to make all your own mixes if your time allows it!) The Guinness makes the cupcakes ultra moist, but does not dilute the chocolate flavor. A delectable treat, especially if you're not partaking in any green beer this year!
Enjoy you're Guinness Cupcakes y'all!