More often than not, it is a medium sized glass of wine and after the kids are in bed.
I decided that for 2014 I am going to take better care of myself. I’m not going become a gym rat, or go on an all veggie diet. I am going to take a bath.
For me, taking care of myself is taking a few minutes to give myself a break.
So, I’m going to take a bath.
This week I have noticed how dry my skin is, how tight it feels. As much as I love Winter (I am enjoying 2 snow days in a row as we speak!) I don’t love how it makes my skin feel.
So I made some super easy Bath Oil. And so can you!
DIY Relaxing Bath Oil
Here what you need:
- Your Carrier Oil – any high quality oil will do- I used Grapeseed and Safflower Seed oils. I’ve heard Avocado is great. Olive would work, but I don’t love the smell, and Coconut oil is too solid.
- Essential Oils – I used a combo of Lavender and Sweet Orange. But you can use whatever strikes your fancy. Peppermint to pep you up, Green tea or Tea Tree Oil for your skin, etc. (FYI- I bought mine at Whole Foods)
- Mixing Container/Measuring Cup
- Glass Bottles with stoppers – I bought the two small ones for $1 each as AC Moore. They have larger bottles for a $3.
This bath oil is super easy to make.
1) Take your oil and pour some in your measuring cup.
2) Add the essential oils one drop at a time until it smells good to you.
3) Pour into your glass bottle.
4) Go take a bath.
I added some of the Lavender-Orange oil into my bath tonight and it was amazing. I could almost imagine I was home alone, that is how relaxed I was. My skin was so soft afterwards my husband wanted to take a bath, HA!
These Relaxing Bath Oils are a great, easy, and inexpensive gift. Make some for yourself and give one to a friend. I’m giving one to all of my work friends, we could all use a little pampering.
So, go for it. Pamper yourself this Valentine’s Day. Go take a bath!