I’m all about simple in the kitchen, and this is the easiest fried rice recipe that I’ve ever made. It pairs perfectly with any Chinese dish, as well as the Seafood Medley Blend of shrimp, scallops, mussels, and calamari from Harvest of the Sea.
I made this easy meal for lunch over the weekend, and my seafood loving husband really enjoyed it. Paired with Seafood Medley, this fried rice recipe makes a perfect meal on a busy day.
Seafood Medley is an easy to prepare blend of frozen seafood. This seafood blend contains the best shrimp from Asia, Mexico or South America combined with Indian wild-caught calamari, Argentine scallops, and Canadian Prince Edward Island Blue Mussels. This premium frozen seafood blend is simply delicious on its own, or prepared with this simple recipe.
Harvest of the Sea has been a national leader in premium seafood products since 1961. This privately owned company is known for their quality, transparency and sustainability.
You will only need a few ingredients to make this delicious fried rice and seafood meal in under 30 minutes. Grab some white rice, frozen peas and carrots, a couple of eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, and a bag of Seafood Medley to get started. I’ve got some tips below sharing the secrets to perfect fried rice every time.
What is the secret to good fried rice?
There are a few secrets to ensuring that your fried rice turns out perfectly. You really need to use medium or long grain rice, and not the minute rice variety. Another thing is, cold leftover rice is actually key to making this recipe perfect! So next time, don’t toss that rice! Instead, turn it into delicious fried rice the next day.
How long should you refrigerate rice for fried rice?
I get it. You have no leftover rice, but want to make this recipe right now. That’s not a problem! Simply prepare your white rice, and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes. That should be long enough for it to chill so that you can use it in this recipe.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cups white rice, cooked and chilled
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 lb bag of Seafood Medley
- Heat a wok (or large skillet if you don't have a wok) over medium heat.
- Add the sesame oil, as well as the peas and carrots. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Push the peas and carrots to one side of the wok, and add the eggs in the other side.
- Scramble the eggs with a spatula, then mix into the carrots and peas.
- Pour the rice into the wok, then add the soy sauce.
- Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture for about 5 minutes, until heated.
- While the rice is frying, heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute, then add olive oil.
- Carefully add Seafood Medley, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.