I received Jungle Cruise on Digital for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Disneyâ€™s Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, arrives on all major digital platforms on August 31 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 16. Jungle Cruise fans can set sail on a rollicking thrill-ride in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio, with never-before-seen bonus footage, including 11 deleted scenes, bloopers and featurettes. In addition, families can watch the adventure in a fun, exciting new way with Expedition Mode.
Seeking an ancient tree with healing abilities, Dr. Lily Houghton and wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff team up for the adventure-of-a lifetime on Disneyâ€™s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking ride down the Amazon. Amidst danger and supernatural forces lurking in the jungle, secrets of the lost tree unfold as their fateâ€”and mankindâ€™sâ€”hangs in the balance.
Disneyâ€™s Jungle Cruise Bonus Features*
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode â€“ Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- Itâ€™s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise â€“ Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny â€“ Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon â€“ Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip â€“ Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises theyâ€™ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes â€“ Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Feature Run Time: Approx. 127 minutes
Rating: U.S. Rated PG-13
If you are looking for a perfect movie to enjoy while eating some snacks and hanging out with friends and family than look no further than Disney’s Jungle Cruise. I grew up and still live in Orlando and I have a special love for the Disney theme parks and that includes the ride for which this movie comes from. I was a tad skeptical before watching the movie but I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. It has a plot that keeps both me and my girls interested as well as plenty of jokes that make even the adults laugh. In case you have never ridden the ride….the jokes are half the fun as they are corny, full of puns and perfectly suited for a cruise through a jungle. Disney once again has put a smile on my face and the face off my girls as we have now watched this movie several times already and with plans to watch it again once the grandparents visit because my girls want them to see it too! This movie alone as made me want to say “bring on the movies based off the rides” because I want more!