These adorable unicorn cupcakes will make an excellent addition to any birthday party or special event you may be hosting this year. With just a few ingredients and fresh cupcakes, youâ€™ll be well on your way towards creating a magical cupcake treat for everyone!
Can you use candy melts as frosting?
Yes, you can use candy melts as frosting for your unicorn cupcakes. For this recipe, youâ€™ll need blue, red, yellow, and green food coloring. You may opt to purchase candy melts in each color to use candy melts as frosting for these magical cupcakes.
I used about 15 ounces of regular white frosting and food coloring to make my rainbow-colored frosting for these cupcakes.
Are Wilton candy melts good?
Wilton candy melts are good! You donâ€™t have to use Wilton brand candy melts for my rainbow cupcakes though. Any brand of pink candy melts is perfectly fine. Just be sure to purchase enough to melt down for Â½ a cup of pink melted candy melts. This is what youâ€™ll use in the Silicone unicorn candy mold to use as an edible topper on these unicorn cupcakes.
How do you make edible cupcake toppers for Unicorn Cupcakes?
Many people have asked how to make edible cupcake toppers. Today Iâ€™m showing you how to use a silicone candy mold and candy melts to make edible cupcake toppers. Using my step by step tutorial below, youâ€™ll make mini pink edible unicorns to place on top of the rainbow frosted cupcakes.
These pink candy unicorns make for an adorable touch to my unicorn cupcakes and are 100% edible. Youâ€™ll love watching everyoneâ€™s face light up as you enter the room with these colorful cupcakes topped with an edible pink unicorn!
- melted pink candy melts
- Silicone Unicorn candy mold (Michaelâ€™s craft store)
- 1 dozen cupcakes (baked by you or store bought)
- frosting (made by you or store bought)
- Food coloring
- Colorful sprinkles
- Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip
- Melt the candy melts using whichever melting method you prefer.
- Pour into candy mold and let set for about an hour.
- Remove from mold.
- Divide frosting into 4 bowls.
- Use food coloring to color frosting. 1-2 drops of blue for blue, 1-2 drops of yellow for yellow, 1-2 drops of red AND 1-2 drops of blue for purple, 1-2 drops of green for green.
- Insert piping tip into a plastic baggie or piping bag, with the tip snipped off. Layer each color frosting side by side in the bag.
- Starting at the edge of the cupcake, pipe frosting. You will start at the edge, work your way around the cupcake and move towards the middle on your next turn around.
- Place a unicorn candy into the center of each.
- Top with sprinkles.