We could all use a little kindness in our day, and these days that seems to hold true more than ever. By sharing kindness with others, you could really make their day. One smile or gesture of appreciation can make it all worthwhile! I've shared some simple acts of kindness ideas below, and encourage you to do one, or all of these acts to make someone's day a little brighter. This is a partnered post, though all opinions are my own.
Mini Acts of Kindness with Entenmann’s Sweepstakes
To give you even more encouragement to show a random act of kindness to a stranger, Entenmann's Minis has launched the Mini Acts of Kindness Sweepstakes. When fans commit and share a mini act of kindness, they can have a chance to win big cash prizes – including a grand prize of 10,000! Simply share your act of kindness here to enter!
As if that isn't exciting enough on its own, Entenmann's Minis will also be donating $1, up to $15,000, to Stomp Out Bullying, for every act of kindness submitted! Bullying is a big issue, and a hot topic lately, and these funds will help to bring awareness to the bullying students face in school and cyber-bulling online.
Entenmann's Minis come in a whole assortment of varieties including apple, cheery, blueberry and raspberry pies, along with fudge iced golden cakes, brownie cholate chip, crumb cake and more.
What are some acts of kindness ideas that I can do?
That's a great question, and I have a whole list of simple acts that you can do today to show kindness to people that you come across in your daily activities.
- Smile at someone to brighten their day.
- Say hi or wave hello to someone.
- Hold the door for a stranger.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Pay for the person behind you in line or in the drive thru.
- Allow someone change lanes or merge into traffic easily in front of you.
- Donate an item (or a bag) of food to your local food pantry.
- Leave an encouraging note and an extra tip the next time you dine out.
- Leave some beverages and snacks on your front porch for mail and delivery people.
- Put your change in a donation or tip jar.
- Donate to your favorite charity.
- Send letters and/or care packages to our soldiers.
- Deposit a dollar or two into a vending machine so the next person gets a surprise.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Help a neighbor who is working in their yard.
- Bake treats for your significant other to take to work.
- Sponsor a child in need.
- Donate a gift to a child during the holidays.
- Call an elerly family member just to say hi and let them know you're thinking about them.
- Donate blankets, towels or food to an animal shelter.
- Pick up some litter.
- Donate your old clothing, toys, or household items.
- Drop a book in a little neighborhood library box.
- Send someone flowers.
- Mow the grass or shvel snow for a neighbor.
Which of the random acts of kindness that I shared above will you do? Do you have any other ideas for acts of kindness? Share them below! Let me know which act of kindness you did to enter the Mini Acts of Kindness Sweepstakes.