Times are a little bit different these days, and people are looking for cheap, easy and quick meals. Goulash is one of my go-to meals when I'm looking for quick and easy. It's also the first meal anyone in my family suggests when I ask for cheap meal ideas. You can make this easy Goulash recipe for under $10, and it will easily feed 6-8 people.
Goulash is one of those great meals that can feed a crowd. When the guys go hunting, I always pack ingredients for them to make a double batch of homemade goulash for the deer camp crowd.
What should you serve with goulash?
We like to serve our goulash with fresh buttered french or Italian bread. It's a perfect paring for this cheap and easy recipe. I have heard of people pairing rice or egg noddles with goulash as well.
Easy Goulash Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans or bottles (32 oz each) tomato juice
- 10 ounce bag frozen corn
- 1 can (4oz) mushrooms
- 1 box (16 oz) elbow noodles
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until no longer pink.
- While the meat is cooking, fill a large pot half way with water, and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles to the pot, stir gently and boil for about 8 minutes.
- When the meat is done cooking, drain the grease, and set aside.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain the water and return the noodles to the pot. Add cooked meat, corn and mushrooms. Pour in tomato juice.
- Heat on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
French Vanilla Dalgona Coffee | Eat Play Rock
3 Ingredient Sheet Pan Italian Potatoes | Cheap Is The New Classy
Southern Fried Apples | Jen Around the World
Southern Style Banana Pudding | Simply Southern Mom
Travel Inspired Recipes: Pizza Roi from Paris | Family Travels on a Budget
Perfect Oven Roasted Root Vegetables | Convos with Karen
Easy Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole With Eggs, Ham and Veggies | Life Family & Fun