This simple homemade soap without lye recipe is one of my favorites! It is super pretty, and just perfect for the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday. You will not believe how easy it is to make a layered soap bar with hearts inside of it just like this one. Keep on reading for some popular questions regarding soap making, and for this easy soap recipe. Grab some more soap making recipes free here too!
How do you make homemade soap without lye?
Making homemade soap without lye is actually a really easy process with a melt and pour soap base. One of my favorite soap bases to use for homemade soap making is a goat's milk melt and pour soap base, which is exactly what this tutorial calls for.
Is it expensive to make soap?
Believe it or not, it does not coat a whole lot of money to make your own soap. Initially, you will need to buy a soap mold and soap base to get started. However, you can use items right from your kitchen in the beginning to save even more money. Try this homemade all natural lemon soap for example. You just need a mold that costs a few bucks and some melt and pour soap base.
Can melt and pour soap be used right away?
Absolutely! That is the beauty of using a melt and pour soap base in your homemade soap making adventure. Theer is no waiting because the melt and pour soap base is already cured.
Can you use food coloring to make soap?
You can use food coloring while making soap. However, I use soap colorant. I highly recommend not using things such as crayons, paint or candle dyes to color your soap though, as those are not meant to come into contact with your skin.
Check out some of the other DIY bath product tutorials that I have shared. Let me know which one if your favorite!
- DIY Lavender Oatmeal Bath Bombs
- DIY Fizzy Bath Salts
- Vanilla & lavender soap recipe using melt and pour
- Cucumber mint sugar scrub
Easy heart homemade soap without lye
- 3 - 1 inch cubes Glycerin Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 4 - 1 inch cubes Goat’s Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Square soap mold
- Heart Candy/Soap Mold
- 15 drops Coconut Fragrance Oil
- 1 drop Cherry Soap Colorant
- 1 drop Peach Soap Colorant
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt 4 - 1 inch cubes Goat’s Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Add Cherry Soap colorant, stir well until color is evenly combined.
- Pour into heart soap mold.
- Let set for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from mold and place two hearts upside down in 3 of the square soap mold cavities.
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt 4 - 1 inch cubes Glycerin Melt and Pour Soap Base in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Add Peach soap colorant and Coconut fragrance oil. Stir well until color is evenly combined.
- Let the temperature cool for about one minute, then pour over heart soaps in square soap mold cavities.
- Allow soap to form for about an hour before removing from mold.