I received Quarto STEAM Club â€“ December sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
It can be really hard to navigate all the reading material out there to find the best stuff for you kids. The Quarto STEAM Club is a bi-monthly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date with the latest and greatest in STEAM books for kids taking all the guesswork out of STEAM book selection!
By joining their newsletter you get to be a part of an amazing online community which includes:
- Quarto STEAM Club book and toy recommendations chosen by a panel of STEAM experts
- A discount coupon for 40% off the Quarto STEAM Club book picks on Quartoknows.com
- Free STEAM activity downloads
- Printable Quarto STEAM Club kid-member certificate
- STEAM activity videos
- Access to a dedicated private Facebook group for members to share tips and tricks
Here are the Quarto STEAM Club: December Picks:
This DIY bath bomb kit and Illustrated activity book offer hands-on explorations of basic science concepts, including acids and bases, carbonate reactions, measurement, proportions, and skin care
- 20 DAZZLING RECIPES: Including basic spheres, flower shapes, and bitty bombs; more advanced Kinetic Bombs that roll and tumble as the colors swirl and mix, Bubble-icious Bombs, colorful Tie-Die Bombs, and Cosmic Bombs that foam, shimmer, and pop
- Handle: @smartlabtoys
In Math Art and Drawing Games for Kids, youâ€™ll find an amazing collection of more than 40 hands-on art activities that make learning about math fun from the creator of Teach Beside Me, Karyn Tripp.
- Create fine art-inspired projects using math, including M. C. Escherâ€™s tessellations, Wassily Kandinskiâ€™s abstractions, and Alexander Calderâ€™s mobiles.
- Explore projects that teach symmetry with mandala drawings, stained glass rose window art, and more.
- Cook up some delicious math by making cookie tangrams, waffle fractions, and bread art.
- Handle: @teachbesideme
In Wonder Art Workshop, educator and educational development expert Sally Haughey of Fairy Dust Teaching shares her approach to hands-on, play-based learning with parents, teachers, and other facilitators, offering 25 activities that let your child take the lead in developing their own sense of intrinsic motivation to imagine, experiment, and discover.
- Handle: @fairydustteaching
The Book of Big Science Ideas looks at 15 brilliant science ideas and more than 50 ingenious thinkers who have helped shape our understanding of the world â€“ whether they were right or wrong! Thinkers include, Wang Zhenyi, Louis Pasteur, Marie Curie, James Joule, Rosalind Franklin, Charles Darwin, Aristotle, Edith Clarke, Isaac Newton, Grace Hopper, Alan Turing, Ada Lovelace and many, many more!
- Handle: @ saramulvanny
Plunge into the diversity of the animal kingdom in this Encyclopedia of Animals. Packed with over 500 creatures, every one is looked at in detail by a natural history expert. From the tiniest sponge to the largest elephant, all entries are gloriously illustrated in this spectacular celebration of life on Earth.
- Handle: @jaromvogel
See inside a submarine, dive below the decks of a tall ship, take a tour inside a tank, explore a zeppelin and step on board a space station. Each spread features a different and exciting machine and gives you the inside story on these fantastic creations.
I love how my girls are eager to learn and instantly dig into Quarto STEM books when I get them home! This week my 11 year old has been creating her own bath bombs and my 8 year old has a thing for art so she loves the wonder art workshop book the best. Reading is such a big part of our lives and I love introducing them to books that teach them something new and ones that get them enjoying new activities that they just read about. These have all been enjoyed by us several times this month but the key is finding a book that sparks an interest in your child! Check out the Quarto STEAM Club to join an online STEAM community for kids, parents, educators, and STEAM lovers!